MobileWirelessJobs is the mobile wireless jobs
telecom careers resume employment work labor HR recruitment job blog portal
for senior-level candidates, recruiters and employers in the mobile content and wireless entertainment industries.
Alternatively, you may login with your TypePad (Movable Type/MobileWirelessJobs), Open ID, Google, Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo!, AOL/AIM, Blogger, Live Journal, Vox or WordPress ID and password.
You can also Recover Your Password but please be advised that the system will not show you are logged in at the top of this site. The cookie will remember users who are logged in the comments area only. Please do not delete or block cookies if you wish to remain logged in to our comments area.
September 19, 2014
20th Century Fox: Sr. iOS Mobile Developer, Los Angeles, CA
Company: 20th Century Fox Job Title: Sr. iOS Mobile Developer Location: Los Angeles, CA
This Sr. iOS Mobile Developer position is responsible for development, design, implementation/integration, maintenance and documentation of complex web and mobile applications supporting key business initiatives. This developer position will work collaboratively with the technical team to design optimal solutions for both web and mobile platforms. Performs code reviews w/ peers and technical manager. This position will be responsible for new initiatives as well as production support.
• Take ideas and concepts from the business and turn them into tangible components of our suite of mobile applications.
• Assist in advising management regarding mobile vision, strategy, and technology innovations.
• Define and develop solutions for our mobile initiatives.
• Ensure that designs meet performance, security, usability, reliability and scalability requirements.
• Work with the web development team in integrating your mobile applications.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across our mobile applications.
• Maintain and update our development standards library with best-practice approaches to front-end coding and development techniques and processes.
• Maintain/update our documentation library with system, site, and process level guidance information.
• Web and mobile development, design, integration, and QA.
• Development of native and web apps for mobile devices and tablets
• Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
• Contribute technical content for future state
• Investigate, analyze and document reported defects.
• Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
• Development of new initiatives as well as production support
• Effectively serve as a member of Agile oriented software development team.
• Work collaboratively with technical team for best technical solutions
• Participate in code and design reviews
• Ability to analyze and resolve complex technical business issues and technical problems
• Design, code, test, and provide production support for new web and mobile web applications, including integration of changes that may impact multiple applications and components.
• Ensure integrated applications or components including considerations for performance, serviceability, usability, and maintainability.
• Create, document, and implement unit-test plans / scripts
• Develop test scenarios and component testing. Participate in review of regression, system, and stress testing.
• Work as a team member taking direction and learning from team leads and more experience team members.
• Ability to multi-task and handle more than one project at a time.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned
• 5+ years experience of Software Engineering
• 2+ years experience in mobile application development
• Expert knowledge of Objective-C
• Expert knowledge of iOS SDK
• Knowledge of Swift
• Fundamentally sound with design patterns
• Experience using development IDEs, xCode, Visual Studio
• Experience in Web Services, SOAP, XML, WCF
• Experience working in an enterprise team environment
• Well organized with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously. Extensive experience in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Proven ability to work with minimal supervision as well as with diverse groups of employees at all levels in an organization
20th Century Fox Film is one of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures. 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.
AnDevCon, November 18-21 in San Francisco, is the technical conference for software developers building or selling Android apps. It will offer one day of intensive tutorials, followed by three days of technical classes. More than 1,000 software developers, engineers and entrepreneurs are projected to attend AnDevCon and choose from 70+ classes. Exhibits admission is free: visit more than 40 exhibitors! Receive a $200 discount off the prevailing rate of either the 4-day or 3-day pass by inserting the code ANDROID when prompted on the eRegistration page linked from www.andevcon.com
Technology Resource Group: QA Tester Manual, St. Louis, MO
Search Firm: Technology Resource Group Job Title: QA Tester Manual Duration: 3-4 months Interview: Telephonic/Skype Location: St. Louis, MO
Responsible for planning and leading execution of formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications. Leads the effort in test strategy, test planning, writing test cases/scripts, and test execution on projects of high complexity in one or more development environment. Assigns work to individual testers, reports defects and tester productivity.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review functional requirements and design specifications to ensure full understanding of deliverables
• Identify test requirements from specifications; perform traceability from requirements to test cases
• Determine estimate of test effort duration and required number of resources
• Create and maintain Master Test Plan
• Participate in setting up criteria for successful configuration of test environments
• Develop, document, and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts including test data and data verification
• Hold and facilitate test plan / test case reviews with cross-functional team members
• Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
• Assigns tasks to Testers and manages team productivity
• Lead the test team in execution of functional, integration, systems and regression testing
• Identify potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management
• Drive test data strategy, test data management, test data planning and execution
• Break down large complex testing efforts into independent or interdependent overlapping efforts and drive optimal test schedule
• Communicate and collaborate closely with developers, business analysts and internal stakeholders to provide guidance towards resolving issues
• Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes
• Effectively prepare and communicate project status report and management review reports
• Good understanding of relevant test metrics
• Ability to lead and manage metrics driven test execution
• Mentor, coach, and guide team members
• Train team members on the process and systems they support
• Offer creative solutions to complex issues
• Assists the business by supporting UAT and ORT efforts
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
• Strong communicator (Written and Verbal): Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
• Critical thinker, ability to negotiate with key stakeholders and maintain positive attitude
• Self-starter, self-motivated, driven individual
• Creative solving of technical problems to ensure the ability to translate technical requirements into test plans
• Ability to work well with shifting priorities
• Ability to work with cross-functional team of internal and external resources located onshore and offshore
• Ability to lead a team through effective delegation, training, conflict management and motivation
• 5 to 10 years relevant QA technical experience, system development, testing, and/or business analysis
• Experience managing teams
• Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results in faced paced environment
• Proficient in using HP Quality Center Tools
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong understanding of test automation framework and tools
• Understanding of database schemas and querying tools
• Strong understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Access)
• Display professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion
• Experience working in the Telecommunications Industry
• BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
• Testing Certification ISTQB Advanced Level (Preferred)
If interested in this role please forward your MS Word resume and salary requirements to:
Antenna Systems 2014
Green Valley Ranch Resort & Spas
2300 Paseo Verde Parkway
Henderson, NV 89052
Antenna Systems 2014 brings the industry together to evaluate new market opportunities, implement new technologies and discover future applications and technical developments. This symposium, taking place November 6-7 in Las Vegas, NV, will have five tracks to address the antenna market including Antenna Design, Integration & Manufacturing, 4G Developments & Insights, Emerging & Growth Applications, Supporting Technology & Integration, and Short-Range Wireless Technologies. Each track is designed to cover the latest advancements in the applications, technology, materials, and economic development of antennas and antenna systems.
The 2nd China Carriers Forum held in Bei Jing, on the 20th March 2014, which is organized by China Genesis Resourcing Consulting China, China Mobile Communication Association and Telecommunication Development Industry Alliance, and sponsored by Neusoft Group and CNLink Networks Limited. The Forum gathered delegates from worldwide carriers, telecommunication equipment, virtual network operator and research institutes to discuss the new development pattern trends of China Telecommunication industry, innovate carriers new business stream and how to overcome the challenges that brought by OTTs etc.
It is the common sense to worldwide carriers that the telecom industry is undergoing the hardest developing period. The carriers are looking for the way out within mobile network era. The Chairman of The 2nd China Carriers Forum Mr. Linzhen Xie, who is the Executive Vice President of China Mobile Communication Association, member of the standing committee of Science and Technology Committee MIIT China (The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of People's Republic of China), Director of National Laboratory of Optical Communication of Beijing university indicate in the opening remark that according to China Mobile's annual financial report, China Mobile annual income was 6302 billion Yuan in 2013, which increased 8.3% on a year-on-year basis, however the net profit was 1217 billion Yuan, decreased 5.9% year-on-year. "China Telecommunication industry is showing three big trends" Mr. Xie presented:" Firstly the 70% of the increased income stemmed from mobile data and related businesses; Secondly 70% of the increase of traffic come from the application of mobile internet; Lastly the percentage of smart terminals to mobile terminals has taken over 70%. That means online video, VoIP application and social network software have become the main source of incremental of telecom business. But that applications have not yet brought extra income for carriers, most of the profit has gone to the pocket of mobile application suppliers.
In the ear of "Network is the King", carriers are experiencing the pressure of the psychological transformation from " Any network application can not success without carriers" to "Carriers can not do well in core applications", and have to face the severe test of "Transparent pipelined". Nevertheless Mr. Xie believed "Carriers have not got the gene of 'Inevitable Pipelined' and not only limited to do traffic management", he emphasized that "In the following future 10 years, at the same time of that people have enough rich traffic to consume, the human society will achieve subversive breakthrough: one is the mobile finance--currency and capital are existing and growing in circulation, Mobile Internet provides just fertile soil for them, while in China, the Investors' (10 years younger than worldwide average level) acceptance of mobile Internet is very high--- I have no dout that mobile finance will become the huge golden mine in future 10 years". Besides, Mr. Xie indicate that mobile healthcare, wearable devices and mobile smart traffic ( Telematics, Manless driving) etc. Have also big business opportunities. " Carriers can not only to be a traffic provider, and as long as carriers can position right in the market, to achieve high speedy development and large business scale like Tencent and Baidu is not impossible at all".
The advent of the era of the Internet makes all kinds of service based on network application developing rapidly and in geometric growth, no matter from the application type, number of users or number of bandwidth. Therefore, for any type of operation providers' concerning points or being required points, is not only as simple as the operation business is normal or not. Mr. Xiaoyu Zhang, the National Sales Director of Beijing CNLink Network Technology Ltd (As the level 2 carriers, found in 1999), said frankly: "We feel the business is getting harder and harder to to when we do basic telecommunication services". In the past, the data services is relatively easy to sell, "The easy day" when customers would not make more hard requirement disappeared in 2012. "We have a strong feel that customer's requirement are getting higher and higher, the customers want more service that can help them to operate above the basic business services. To face the strong requirement from our customers, we feel deeply that we can not only limited to do basic telecom business, we do not want to be pipelined and be put away." while Sky-E just represent CNLinks' understanding and self-positioning in the era of internet.
It is well-known that internet has make a lot of traffic in China, however carriers never analyze where does this traffic come from? Where will this traffic goes to? And the consumers' behaviour and requirement behind the traffic etc. " In the past, carriers seldom paid attention to data, but now we can design our products according to user behaviour and customs, including traffic management and early warning of network attack etc." while SKY-E is just the right integrated sensing monitoring service platform for all kinds of application operation providers (ICP) to provide multi-level network data flow analysis, risk event monitoring and early warning, monitoring analysis of network application state. Sky-E is an useful attempt of CNLink's transformation at how to avoid being pipelined and how to satisfy the requirement of refinement operations etc.
As the fast development of 4G network business application, the market size of 4G terminals increases dramatically. Recently the three big China carriers have all opened year 2014 terminals' purchasing planning, the price of the hardware has been very low, will the traditional IT hardware equipment manufacturers have future or not? The answer of Dr. Ningning Liu, the Vice President and General Manager of Telecom Business Unit of Neusoft group, is yes: " As the application of cloud computing and SDN in our future life, we will encounter problems that we can never imagine now, especially the information security problems. In addition, big data, which has not been transferred into production materials and reused by carriers. From that view, carriers have to learn from Internet companies. What are the Internet companies doing now? They are thinking about how to convert user and stick customers, how to rank members and charge by different rate. To carriers, even a consumer who by a public card on the street can be your "member", you (carriers) give up billions of members and do not operation well (study big data), only want to learn how to manage members from internet companies, that is really a big paradox."
" To some extent, Information (security) should rise to the level of national strategy," Dr. Liu thought: " Artificial intelligence, cognitive science, psychology and network behavior are driven by the modern science and technology, in the future virtualization society, that matters will produce a new theoretical basis of innovation, that will bring great changes to our lives, and we are far away from being ready to this change. All the paradox and game bring a rare historical opportunity for traditional enterprise. Thus I think there is no need for carriers to study weather being pipelined or not, while carriers should study how to play the right role fitted for themselves." He further indicated " in the information consumption era, rationally monitoring means will have a huge market share."
Mr. Jun Ma, the Deputy Director of Enterprise Research Institute Development Research Center of The State Council of China said that at present there is fierce longitudinal competition in Chinese telecom industry market, carriers faces the pressures from upstream monopoly segment including community and large public facilities, also faces the competition from downstream Internet companies. Internet companies rely on innovation to meet user requirements, so as to grasp the initiative.
During the forum Mr. Lintao JIANG, the Chief Engineer,committee chairman, Ministry of Information Industry and Telecommunications Research Institute. Mr. Huiling Zhao, Professorate senior engineer,Vice President China Telecom Corporation Limited Beijing Institute; Mr. Xiongyan TANG, the Ph.D., Senior Engineer Adjunct Professor of Telecommunication Engineering, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications; Guang YANG the Deputy Director, Dr. Professional Communication and Information System, China Mobile Research Institute of Wireless Technology Research, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications; Mr. Xueyong ZHOU, General Secretary , China Virtual Network Operator R&D Center; Mr. Kaili KAN, Professor of Policy and Information Industry Development Research Institute of Beijing University of Post and Telecommunication and many other industry gurus have made significant presentations.
In addition, Hua Wei, Potevio, Bewinner Communications, Bus-Online, Sony Mobile, EmiratesTelecommunicationsCorporation, Orange, Deutschen Telekom AG etc. , and many other more Worldwide famous carriers, virtual network operators and telecom equipment companies attent "the 2nd China Carriers Froum", and discussed industry hot topics including the business application of 4G, OTTs, Virtual Network Operators, new technology trends, network construction directions etc.