Mobile Senior Software Engineer
, a fast paced growing start-up in mobile social networking based in Venice, CA, is seeking a Mobile Senior Software Engineer
to take charge of mobile client development and contribute to product and customer experience on a close level. This position is for a highly talented hardworking individual looking to grow with the company.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Mobile Senior Software Engineer will champion the design and development of mobile client applications and features that will appeal to Fotochatter’s core audience, teens and those in their early twenties who want to connect socially through their mobile phones. Familiarity with social networking, mobile culture, and fast paced culture is certainly a plus.
Fotochatter is one of the earliest and best-established mobile social networking companies. Founded in 2006, Fotochatter has real customers, real revenues, and real knowledge about how to succeed in the increasingly competitive mobile space. The company has just closed a round of financing and is looking to take the business to the next level. Great work environment, including offices blocks from the beach in Venice!
Fotochatter offers a competitive salary, stock options and benefits package, plus the excitement of helping the company break through to the next level of success and growth. Join us and be a part of the upcoming mobile revolution.
• 5 years + in mobile device development experience including (J2ME, Windows Mobile, Symbian, iPhone, BREW)
• Very strong C/C++ and JAVA background
• Experience with mobile client architecture and frameworks including networked mobile applications
• Experience working and interfacing with SQL backend and DBA teams
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• High performance and in fast paced environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Experience in all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirements definition, specifications, designing the architecture, development, test, and product release
• Good code quality.
• Please have code samples ready for review.
• Technical management experience working with distributed teams located in various time-zones
• Deep understanding of mobile technology and the current shifts/trends
• Avid and passionate consumer of mobile services, mobile application, mobile content, mobile social services
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Handle whole software development life cycle including application design, development, testing, debugging, supporting and training.
• Develop applications for mobile devices for different platforms (BlackBerry, J2ME, Windows Mobile, BREW, iPhone and Symbian)
• Manage creation of device adaptation for a range of devices inside each platform (more than 100+ mobile devices total).
• Lead application certification process with carriers (US: SPRINT, AT&T, T-MOBILE) and global vendors (Symbian signed, Java verified).
• Manage customization and localization process for local markets in South America, Europe and Asia.
• Create analysis and design documents and coordinate development, testing, debugging, deployment, documentation and training.
• Very competitive salary with benefits; full health coverage; and attractive stock options
To apply, please send resume with cover letter, indicating salary requirements and position of interest, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Oppty Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.