Research In Motion
Java Software Developers
Andover, MA (Boston Area)
Research In Motion
is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. RIM’s portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies include the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the BlackBerry smartphone product line, software development tools, radio-modems and software/hardware licensing agreements. For more information, visit www.rim.com
Research In Motion/BlackBerry is hiring several Java Software Developers
in Andover, MA
The successful candidates will be responsible for the design, development, testing and debugging of application software for the BlackBerry® platform in our Andover, MA
R&D center. Work is done within a team, interacting with other component teams. The ability to work both independently and with large teams is important.
The role’s responsibilities include: design, implementation in Java, and debugging of new applications; integration of new features into current applications; optimization of software to meet performance and quality goals; development of new engineering specifications and interfaces; creation and execution of unit tests; and software estimation and planning.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
• University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, or related discipline
• 5-10 years of experience in mobile software design and development using Java
• Strong object-oriented design knowledge and capability
• Experience developing multi-threaded applications
• Willingness to drive the development effort and take on responsibility
• Committed to work on all aspects of product development as a strong team member
• Proven team leadership skills
• Strong focus on user interface and improving the usability of handheld applications
To apply, please send your MS Word resume or CV, including salary requirements to:
If you’re driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it’s time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
©2010 Research In Motion Limited. All Rights Reserved. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties of Research In Motion Limited. RIM, BlackBerry, “Always On, Always Connected” and the “envelope in motion” symbol are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries..
An Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.