Principal DSP/CPU Architect ID#5193
Silicon Valley, CA
Our client is a global leader and innovator in telecommunications.
is seeking a technical lead for architecture and design of a digital signal processor with detailed understanding of CPU architectures such as RISC and VLIW.
• Responsible for developing ISA, architecture and design of a complex processor in deep sub-micron process technology
• Provides technical direction to design, verification, and modeling team members
• Makes recommendations and decisions regarding the technical aspects of assigned projects
• Works with system architects and software engineers in performance analysis and specification of various architectures.
• Works with compiler team on development of compiler efficient DSP
• PhD with 6 years of experience in baseband DSP or CPU design or MS with 12 years of relevant experience or equivalent education and directly related experience
• Detailed knowledge of advanced DSP or CPU architecture and design techniques
• In-depth knowledge and experience with low power design techniques and performance/power trade offs
• Detailed understanding of ISA implications on performance, power and compiler support
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of memory system architectures, such as cache, DMA, memory access hardware and memory protection
• Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate complex technical issues and directions to team members
• Ability to work in large, cross functional and geographically dispersed teams.
• Demonstrated organizational, planning, and analytical skills
• Demonstrated business communications skills (verbal, written and presentation)
• 140 – 165K + Bonus & Relocation
If you are interested in this role or know someone who please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.