Search Firm: LightSpeed Human Capital Management (www.wirelessxfactor.com)
Job Title: WiFi Platforms Product Manager
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Our client is seeking to hire an experienced product manager as a member of the product management team with responsibilities for the access point and router platforms. The candidate must be willing to take ownership for our client’s access point products and drive successful delivery and sales of those products. The candidate must have a hardware background, business analysis skills and a strong background in general networking.
As the platforms PM an individual must own the entire lifecycle of our client’s Access Point and Router platforms:
• Establish and gain consensus around a product vision for the platforms
• Develop the business case for new products and propose them to senior management
• Deliver detailed market requirements to engineering
• Work with engineering, QA, and operations to meet requirements and, when needed, trade off features, cost and timing
• Work with corporate marketing to establish launch messaging, build launch plans and write collateral
• Train and support the sales team and sales engineers in betas and key opportunities
• Driving product strategy, roadmap, definition, and requirements for our clients access point platforms
• Create product positioning and pricing.
• Assist with launch planning, messaging and deliverables.
• Create and drive the business case for new platforms and input to product unit forecasts.
• Assistance with viral marketing campaigns including but not limited to video, social media, forums, etc.
• Support SEs in strategic customer opportunities.
• Become a resource to the overall team as a wireless subject matter expert.
Experience and background:
• Detail oriented nature is a must
• Experience driving the business case analysis for new products is a must.
• Experience collecting product requirements from customers, resellers, partners and analysts is a must.
• Market Understanding of the networking market a must, wireless a plus.
• Product management experience at a networking vendor is a must
• Experience delivering hardware platforms is a must (including an understanding of regulatory compliance, supply chain logistics, and component tradeoffs.)
• A firm understanding of the enterprise IT market and buyer.
• Firm understanding of TCP/IP networking including routing, switching, and wireless a plus
• Technical background and education a plus
• MBA a plus.
To apply, please send your MS Word resume including salary requirements to:
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.