Mobile ESPN is seeking a qualified individual to manage all day to day operations for its multimedia downloadables business. This individual will develop and manage the downloadable product roadmap for ESPN sports and non-sports entertainment products, features and applications as well as creating and maintaining strong relationships with third party content providers. Multimedia products include: Screensavers, Ringtones, Games, Videos & Applications, among other features all approached from a programmed perspective. Knowledge and passion for sports is needed for this position.
The successful candidate will have experience working with mobile technologies and have a deep understanding and ability of the processes necessary to build and maintain a successful mobile downloadable business.
Qualification includes: knowledge of video file formats for still images, games, motion video and audio as well as an understanding of 1XRTT and EVDO CDMA platforms, FTP/IP and related technologies: HTTP, FTP, XML, HTML, mobile file compression, data rates, screen sizes and mobile handset functionality.
Possess exceptional communication skills as this position requires interacting with party partnerships as well as all levels of ESPN staff.
First, work to ensure that mobile editions of ESPN brands are put into a product schedule, produced and implemented in a timely fashion. Ensure quality is well executed and ensure regular partner deliveries. Supervise partner royalty payments. Work closely with Mobile Publishing, Marketing, Emerging Media as well as other ESPN Departments. Be proactive – head off problems before they become fires.
Other duties include:
* Process definition – Create and document a process for content gathering, certification, delivery, testing and publishing
* Platform Development work with internal technical staff -OTA provisioning -, data cable & sync technology, mini SD cards, Bluetooth, etc. and supervise platform and content testing.
* Daily Website maintenance
Other responsibilities and abilities include:
* Reporting/Daily & Weekly – adjust and maintain content categories accordingly
* Developing Community features and applications
* Work in developing Textual / Search features
* Keep abreast of new mobile technologies and how these could enhance the offering
* Knowledge of license rights
* Has an in-depth knowledge of ESPN’s look and feel, objectives and standards
For consideration send cover letter & resume to henry.x.markosian.-ND@espn.com
listing jobs ESPN10158 New York New YorkUSA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.