Rocket Mobile is looking for software engineers to help extend our award-winning mobile messaging platform to customers around the globe. Mature engineers experienced at shipping user oriented applications for resource constrained platforms such as mobile phones and PDAs are ideally situated for these positions.
Responsibilities include working closely with our customers to implement wireless operator requirements and features specified by the customer. Team members work together to create reusable components for messaging technologies such as short message service (SMS), enhanced messaging service (EMS), multimedia message service (MMS), instant messaging (IM), and email.
Engineering is conducted in our Los Gatos office with some travel to customer and wireless operator test lab locations to support the deployment of our products.
* Application development using C or C++
* Application development for resource constrained devices such as mobile phones and/or PDAs
* Implementation of customer supplied user interface specifications
* Customer interfacing or direct consulting experience
* BREW or PalmOS applications development
* Debugging experience using both PC based emulators and on-device debugging tools
* Experience shipping an application
* Competency using a variety of compilers and IDEs such as Visual C++, Metrowerks, and GCC
* Experience implementing client software for messaging protocols such as MMS, SMS, EMS, IM, or email (SMTP/POP3/IMAP4)
Minimum work requirements:
* 2-3+ years total software industry experience
* 1+ years mobile/constrained device experience
Contact Info: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
listing jobs Rocket Mobile95032 Los Gatos CaliforniaUSA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.