SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Lead Support Engineer in the Qpass Support Center (QSC), your primary responsibilities will be to provide focused operational and application support for a single Qpass customer account. The Lead Support Engineer will also serve as a project coordinator, technical resource, and escalation contact for the Support Engineers on shift in the 24X7 Qpass Support Center. As an account focal, the Lead will work with internal and external customer operations teams, support engineers, Support Managers, and other Qpass Support Center Leads to resolve Production incidents, support requests, coordinating maintenance activity, and other project coordination for the QSC.
• Provide production support for a leading Qpass customer via weekly and monthly operational meetings with the customer, daily support escalations, special project requests, and maintenance event coordination.
• Responsible for management of support tickets/cases coming into the QSC from the customer, while meeting quality and Service Level standards.
• Assist the Support Engineer staff as needed with daily support requests, production incidents, and training of custom features/services used by the customer.
• Take a Lead role in working with Operations, software engineering teams, and quality assurance departments, to find quick and effective solutions to service incidents. This includes supporting incidents related to software and database applications (Java/XML/Linux, SQL Server/Oracle).
• Act as the Lead/coordinator responsible for organizing tasks for the QSC to support a maintenance event or software release. Work with the Support Manager of the customer account and Operations to gather details needed for delivering the Change Notification details to the customer.
• Assist the Support Manager with research and coordination of root cause analysis and documentation with other technical teams related to production incidents and other issues impacting the customer.
• Participate in an on-call rotation for all customer accounts for incident management response for the Qpass Support Center. This includes participating in resolution efforts, communicating with the customer, and providing updates to upper management and executives.
• Track, create, and deliver monthly service availability (SLA) reports documenting system maintenance, incidents, and other deliverables according to customer contract obligations.
• Educate clients on the features of the Qpass service, enabling them to fully exploit its capabilities.
• Assist clients with data analysis and custom report generation.
• Provide for-fee consulting services as necessary.
• Contribute to the overall success of the Client Services department and the Qpass Support Center.
• Perform other assignments/duties as appropriate.
• Participate in and contribute to on-going QSC training.
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills to keep customers and other support peers fully informed.
• Extensive experience in producing procedure documentation, reports, and analysis documents for external clients and internal support organizations.
• Experience coordinating small to medium sized projects for Operations or Sustainment teams supporting production application systems.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently within a fast-paced organization with many customer service responsibilities.
• Must be a confident and professional action-oriented team player with the demonstrated ability to make a client feel educated and satisfied.
• 2+ years as a Technical Support Engineer, Technical Consultant, or equivalent in a fast-paced enterprise-class service/support organization.
• 2+ years serving as a Project Coordinator or Project Manager for software application projects.
• 2+ experience supporting applications utilizing UNIX, Linux, Apache, Oracle, and XML
• 1+ years experience supporting large scale web-based applications.
• Experience using ticket/case tracking tools for customer requests, incidents, defects, and reporting.
• Familiarity with web security mechanisms (e.g. SSL, Digital Certificates, Public Key Encryption).
• Knowledge of Java, HTML, and other web development languages.
• Knowledge of emerging mobile data services and internet commerce.
1. BA/BS. Business with a technical focus or related education is preferred.
1. Required to participate in on-call rotation
2. Required to work odd hours/shifts, including periodic evening maintenance
To apply, please click here.
listing jobs Qpass 98121 Seattle Washington USA