The Application System Administrator (ASA), under the supervision of a manager in Solutions Development, manages the deployments to and maintains all of the software in, the test labs for Solutions Developments’ dedicated account teams.
Serving as a member of both teams, the ASA contributes directly to both teams productivity. The ASA is responsible for all deployments to the test environments (including the performance test environments), maintaining the integrity of those environments, verifying the deployability of the builds produced by development, and acting as liaison to the SO team on behalf of the dedicated account teams. The ASA is expected to conduct deploy/environment analysis to identify and reduce potential bottlenecks and chronic issues. The ASA is responsible for emergency response (or coordinating it with SO) as needed to correct environment failures.
The ASA must possess experience in UNIX system administration. As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, the ASA is expected to learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our environments.
The ASA provides technical support for various projects and serves as a peer to professional technical staff in the account teams.
(*) denotes essential functions.
(12%) Non-technical Responsibilities
• Communication and Teamwork
• Attend and actively participate in weekly team meetings. (*)
• Act as liaison to SO for the SprintNextel and Cingular account teams. (*)
• Be aware of all ongoing SO projects that affect the dedicated account team environments and provide support, guidance and resources as necessary. (*)
(80%) Technical Duties
• Service, Maintenance, and Support
• Manage and perform deployments in the Cingular and SprintNextel test environments. (*)
• Maintain the necessary up-to-date certificates for all the SprintNextel and Cingular test environments. (*)
• Maintain up-to-date status on all Cingular and SprintNextel test environments. (*)
• Troubleshoot and resolve environment issues in the SprintNextel and Cingular test environments (*)
• Own and work with development teams to update Environment Definition documents for all SprintNextel and Cingular test environments.
• Perform deployability verification on all RC builds as a part of the Operational Quality Assurance process.
• Work with SO to ensure administer custom services and servers.
• Monitor system logs and activity on all Cingular and SprintNextel test servers.
• Work with SO to maintain up-to-date DNS, NFS, LDAP, LVS, BigIP, DHCP, Samba, Sendmail, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Oracle, WebLogic, FTP, and proprietary services.
(8%) Administrative Duties
• Log defects in Quality Center (QC) as appropriate. (*)
• Triage and monitor defect and trouble ticket backlogs. (*)
• Ensure status is updated for all QC requests. (*)
• Submit timesheets and status reports before deadlines. (*)
• Other duties as assigned.
• Effective communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
• Demonstrated success with administrative and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work productively in teams
• Previous experience working with Linux
• Experience with at least one version of Windows
• Previous programming or scripting experience
• Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly
• Good problem solving skills
• Proficiency with RedHat Enterprise Linux, Windows 2000 operating systems
• Understanding of the administration of SQL database servers such as Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server, secure web servers such as Apache with mod_ssl
• Knowledge of J2EE application servers such as WebLogic and Tomcat
• Knowledge of Perl and CGI scripting
• Working knowledge of Bourne shell scripting
• Knowledge of standard backup infrastructures, UNIX system and program installation, compilation and configuration
• System-level security procedures
• Talent at diagnosing and remedying serious environment related problems and failures promptly and effectively
• Familiarity with cryptography tools (e.g. secure shell, OpenSSL, IPSec)
• Experience maintaining servers for standard internet services such as DNS, NFS, LDAP, LVS, DHCP, Samba, mail (e.g. Postfix, Sendmail), and FTP service
• Previous experience teaching or training others.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four year accredited college or university in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Position is located in Seattle, WA.
This is a Full-time (exempt) position.
To apply, please click here.
listing jobs Qpass 98121 Seattle Washington USA