This software quality engineer position is suited for testers that have experience working with customers on professional services engagements. This position will primarily be involved in the creation and execution of test cases and the logging and tracking of relevant defects.
• Analyze functional requirements/use cases for completeness, accuracy and testability.
• Create test cases based on functional requirements and use cases.
• Execute test cases, discover defects, document the results and manage the process in test software.
• Deliver high quality work on time with multiple competing priorities.
• Participate in technical discussions as required to assure successful integrations and customer satisfaction.
• 2+ years of Software Testing, including black/gray box testing
• Requirements/Use case analysis, Test case development, Test plan development and defect recording and tracking
• Familiarity with Linux/Unix and Windows Operating Systems
• Experience with Test Director or other defect management systems
• Excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and have the ability to work in an ambiguous environment.
• Solid understanding of testing methodology.
• Desirable additional skills: WML, WAP, XHTML, XSL, XML Schema, SSL, HTTP, Perl.
• Experience with web server technologies Tomcat and Apache.
• Database experience, preferably MySQL or Oracle.
• Experience with the software development lifecycle.
• Good problem solver – will take the lead in jumping into a problem with the eye toward finding a solution.
• Demonstrated capacity for learning quickly in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Driven by results – not afraid to jump in and pick up the slack to ensure that a project stays on track.
• Experience working with external client on projects.
• Customer-focused attitude.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred.
To apply, please click here.
listing jobs Qpass 98121 Seattle Washington USA