This individual will have broad experience and contacts within the media market and have specific expertise selling enterprise software solutions to media companies. This individual will have proven skills in the development of a winning high-technology / enterprise software sales organization.
Current key customers of Qpass in North America include ATT Wireless Services, Nextel, Cingular, ALLTEL, US Cellular, Dobson, Triton, and Boost Mobile, Yahoo!, T-Mobile (UK, DE, AT, NL), and more. Target customers include leading Regional Bell Operating Companies (RBOC’s, e.g. Verizon, SBC, BellSouth, Qwest), Cable Multiple Service Operators (MSO’s, e.g. Comcast, TW Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision), and media companies (e.g. Yahoo, Viacom, Disney, Vivendi, Fox, AOL/Time-Warner) in the North American market.
• Lead a sales organization that WINS NEW BUSINESS and GROWS EXISTING BUSINESS in the North American media market.
• In collaboration with key senior executives, facilitate the definition of Qpass’ North American media sales priorities and strategy, aligned with the corporate strategy and revenue objectives.
• Over time to develop a North American media sales organization. Justifying, aligning and adding resources to the team to win new business and strengthen our position with existing and target accounts.
• In collaboration with senior management, develop appropriate sales and revenue forecasts on a quarterly and annual basis. Define metrics and targets to measure the effectiveness of the sales activities. Ensure that the plan is aligned and supports corporate revenue and market share objectives.
• Provide very high quality writing and document preparation skills for the development of proposals and other key sales materials. Help the sales team to continually improve the professionalism and quality of proposal and sales materials presented to customers.
• Provide exceptional skills in communications, negotiations, and development of license and service contracts. Key customer deals require hands on support and engagement from this position.
• Develop and manage efficient processes for reporting and reviewing progress with sales executive management, including monthly and quarterly report management, CRM management (the company utilizes salesforce.com), etc.
• Be an effective and outspoken evangelist for the company, representing the company in communications with customers, partners, and industry participants. Develop a reputation of high personal expertise and credibility within the technology, and media arena for the business solutions Qpass provides.
• Facilitate good communication, respect, and responsiveness in working with Client Services and Product Development organizations. Work effectively with key executives of the company to ensure that they understand the plans, objectives, and progress of sales programs.
• Provide broad business and strategic insight into the development of a strong company. Provide ability to interact with other senior executives and managers to ensure that Qpass develops to be a strongly successful company in its markets. Display assertiveness, diplomacy, and sound judgment as appropriate to help the company develop.
• 5-8 years in senior sales management positions in a business-oriented technology company (enterprise platform software, network operator environments).
• Media operator experience. Expertise in premium data services technologies strongly preferred. B-to-B experience strongly preferred. Early-stage company experience strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated capability and track record as an individual contributor sales executive, as well as in the development of a sales team.
• Strong experience implementing sales processes that ensure high performance and efficiency.
• Detailed understanding of the major account Strategic Selling process and pipeline development. Proven capability winning new business and growing existing business. Exhibit ability to optimize efforts to efficiently achieve sales objectives.
• Ability to build peer-level relationships and strong personal credibility as a business advisor with senior executives (VP and above) at leading media companies.
• Strong communication, negotiation, and contract skills for complex, high-value, long-term deals.
• Strong quantitative skills. Able to quickly understand and optimize financial models.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills and presentation skills; Able to make compelling presentations in front of customers and industry professionals.
• Existing established contacts within leading media companies, Cable MSO’s in particular.
• Experience in developing a sales processes within a rapidly growing, early-stage technology environment.
• Strong technology insight, especially in media software solutions. Experience with data services, including downloadable products, TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, VOIP, WiMAX, JAVA, streamed media, etc.
• Ability/experience in building relationships and credibility with sales engineering, product marketing, product management and R&D (Engineering) to understand and support sales initiatives.
Bachelor’s Degree Required – technical degree preferred.
Travel of 50% or more expected
Position is location is open.
To apply, please click here.
listing jobs Qpass 98121 Seattle Washington USA