SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Support Engineer, your primary responsibilities while on shift in the 24X7 Qpass Support Center (QSC) will be to monitor, investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve customer account requests related to the Qpass product and the hosted software environments. Provide advanced Tier 1 technical support by working with internal and external customer operations teams, support engineers, Support Managers, and Qpass Support Center Leads to resolve Production incidents, support requests, and coordinate maintenance activities.
• Provide technical support for Qpass digital media content partners and mobile commerce partners, via email, telephone, and support tickets/cases
• Respond, resolve, and document actions taken related to system monitoring alerts and incidents reported by the customer
• Engage other technical support tiers in response to system alerts, production incidents, and other reported technical requests.
• Perform troubleshooting and validation testing with devices and web based tools in response to alarms, alerts, customer emails/calls
• Coordinate production incidents and outages from a Tier 1 level by engaging all support tiers, providing notifications and updates to the customer, hosting the internal incident bridge, and documenting activities with high level of procedural and technical detail
• Provide onsite support of maintenance activities by providing customer notifications, post-maintenance validation testing, documenting and tracking of issues, coordinating required tasks with the QSC Lead and hosting of the internal maintenance bridge
• Closely follow specific customer and departmental procedures for incident management, change management, problem management, support requests, and maintenance activities
• Perform start of shift and end of shift hand-off activities to ensure smooth transition, with clear and detailed documentation in hand-off posts
• Setup and update digital media merchant partners per customer instructions, using the Qpass merchant integration product
• Contribute to the overall success of the Client Services department.
• Perform other assignments/duties as appropriate
• Participate in on-going training and mentoring of other team members
• Participate in an on-call rotation
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills working with external client accounts for daily support and incident management
• Demonstrated experience in documenting complete and clear details related to incidents, requests, and maintenance events in an operational environment with shifts and handoff requirements
• Ability to work and learn independently, based on departmental procedures, in a fast-paced technical support center
• Must be a confident and professional action-oriented team player with the demonstrated ability to make a client feel at ease
• 2+ years as a Technical Support Engineer, Operations Technician, or equivalent in a fast-paced enterprise-class service organization
• 2+ years experience supporting UNIX, Linux, Apache, Oracle & XML
• 2+ years experience supporting Windows 2000 Server, IIS (Internet Information Server, SQL Server
• 2+ years experience supporting large scale web-based systems.
• 2 + years experience supporting a highly available, secure, networking environment
• Expertise using ticket/case tracking tools for documenting customer requests and incidents
• Familiarity with web security mechanisms (e.g. SSL, Digital Certificates, Public Key Encryption)
• Web development experience using Java, XML, ASP, etc.
• Knowledge of emerging mobile data services and internet commerce.
1. BA/BS. Computer Science or related is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Eyestrain from computer.
2. Required to participate in on-call rotation
3. Required to work odd hours/shifts, including grave and/or swing shifts
To apply, please click here.
listing jobs Qpass 98121 Seattle Washington USA