As a senior writer in the Qpass Technical Publications team, you will work closely with product managers and engineers to create user information products for our mobile data services solution. In this position you will be busy with challenging projects, learning continually, rewarded for top-notch results, and making an important contribution to the company’s success. We need someone with great technical communication skills who is familiar with J2EE-based products and knows how to write for a technical audience of system administrators and system integrators.
• Plan, write, and produce a variety of user information products, which may include end user guides, online assistance, developer guides, and Javadocs.
• Understand user information requirements for documentation projects by interviewing stakeholders.
• Manage multiple project schedules, coordinating with the publications manager, and product and program managers as needed.
• Contribute to designing and implementing the information architecture and delivery mechanism for the overall product documentation set.
• Ability to implement all aspects of a documentation project, including information-gathering, doc planning, writing, editing, and production.
• Excellent writing skills and the ability to perform your own copy and/or development edit.
• Ability to evaluate information requirements for technical audiences, specifically system administrators and system integrators, and organize content around their needs.
• Ability to write clear, concise, and accurate conceptual descriptions as well as procedures.
• Excellent interviewing skills that enable you to work efficiently with technical staff.
• At least 5 years experience as a technical writer in an enterprise software development environment.
• Ability to learn quickly and handle multiple projects at one time.
• Ability to work cross-functionally and independently in a busy environment.
• Basic understanding of “international English” and how to write documentation that will be translated for customers abroad.
• Knowledge of J2EE-based software solutions. Experience in or knowledge of the mobile industry a plus.
• Strong familiarity with Java, XML, and SOAP.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Visio, and HTML.
• Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in Technical Communications preferred.
Position is located in Seattle, WA.
This is a Contract position.
To apply, please click here.
listing jobs Qpass 98121 Seattle Washington USA