Qpass: Vice President, Corporate Marketing, Seattle, WA
The primary function of marketing communications at Qpass is to establish and extend industry-wide thought leadership and awareness, resulting in account wins and sales revenues that increase the value of the company. The VP of Corporate Marketing shall create and effectively manage programs completely aligned with these objectives. He/she will be given the ability to build and grow his/her own marketing organization at a smart, fast-paced and innovative company poised for success.
• Build and lead a corporate marketing and marcomms organization that tangibly contributes to Qpass’ visibility and success as the leader for digital media business management solutions. Lead marketing programs that SUPPORT WINNING NEW BUSINESS in the mobile and broadband digital media and services market, and in new geographic and vertical markets the company seeks to enter.
• In collaboration with senior executives, facilitate the definition of Qpass’ short and long-term corporate marketing vision, product positioning and brand development strategies. Assure these are aligned with the corporate strategy and sales objectives.
• Develop the company’s global marketing communications plan, and provide within it specific plans for the North American and European markets. Develop the plans with an eye toward very efficient use of financial resources. Define metrics and targets that create accountability and measure the effectiveness of marketing. Ensure that the plan is communicated within the business and in support of the company’s sales objectives.
• Manage all corporate marketing and marcomm programs to include advertising, public relations, corporate communications, brand positioning, product positioning, events and promotional efforts.
• Develop and manage the marketing/communications team and resources (internal and external, including PR agency(ies)) to execute the plan and measure progress. Hire and cultivate marketing team members as the company continues to develop.
• Drive the creative and innovative processes that ensure Qpass becomes a highly visible and credible leader in its market space, and do so in a manner that achieves a high and measurable ROI on marketing investments.
• Be an effective and outspoken evangelist for the company, representing the company in communications with customers, analysts, journalists, and industry participants.
• Facilitate good communication, respect, and responsiveness in supporting the sales and product organizations. Work effectively with key executives of the company to ensure that they understand the plans, objectives, and progress of marketing programs.
• Work with the PR manger to manage Qpass PR activities. Develop appropriate, compelling company positioning and messages, and communicate to all affected parties (content and media partners, investors, employees, customers, prospects, press, analysts). Manage the PR/Marcomms manager function, as well as the agency relationships in US and Europe. Facilitate the engagement of the appropriate executives with analysts and media. Act as the corporate spokesperson to the analyst and media as appropriate.
• Work with PR manager to manage Qpass’ presence and activities at key industry events (e.g. CTIA, 3GSM World Congress, etc.) to assure that these events are well coordinated, productive, cost effective and create strong positive awareness and credibility for Qpass.
• Work with marcomm manager to support the sales organization with high quality collateral, market information, messaging, and competitive intelligence. Work in close partnership with Qpass product and sales executives.
• Perform other activities as directed by the CEO.
• Collaborate with the executive team to direct overall company strategy and initiatives.
• 10-15 years in progressive corporate marketing and marcomm management positions in a wireless or high technology business that is on track for or has already achieved a successful IPO. B-to-B and new media experience preferred. Experience with marketing management in the United States, Europe and Asia highly desirable.
• Successfully built high degree of awareness and brand equity for an enterprise software company within a telecom or network market. Early-stage company experience strongly preferred.
• Proven capability driving key strategic messages to the right constituents in the market. Utilizing marcomm and “guerilla” marketing techniques to strengthen a company’s competitive position and build strong “buzz” for the company in the analyst, media, and customer communities.
• Experience working closely with product and sales leadership to articulate product value proposition and strategy, and to help sales WIN NEW BUSINESS.
• Ability to respond and improvise quickly to address new business opportunities.
• Demonstrated track record of leadership in marketing/marcomm management at a first class company. Demonstrated ability to manage high-performance teams.
• Demonstrated track record of delivering measurable marketing results.
• Great enthusiasm, creative marketing, out-of-the-box thinking.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills and presentation skills; Able to make compelling presentations in front of industry professionals.
• Executive-level team player.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
• Ability/experience in building relationships with sales, product marketing, product management and R&D (Engineering) to develop successful marketing initiatives.
• Street-smart, savvy.
• A “do what it takes” and entrepreneurial attitude; drive for success/action oriented.
• Bachelors in marketing from an accredited university/college.
• MBA preferred
• 25%+ travel expected.
Position is located in Seattle, WA.
To apply, please click here.
listing jobs Qpass 98121 Seattle Washington USA