This is a software development position, which focuses on development of physical schema properties and DDL/DML scripts as well as Linux system integration including scripting, network/firewall, performance, configuration and file transfer to support development of the Qpass Reporting and Warehousing Software. This position requires a strong DBA background and Linux/Unix administration and scripting.
• Implement physical database design from logical model.
• Design, develop and implement database schemas and query systems.
• Develop database creation and update scripts.
• Create conceptual and detailed designs for reporting and warehouse systems.
• Create reports and data extracts from complex database structures.
• Configuration of database and application servers.
• Work with operations to integrate servers into existing infrastructure.
• Design and create scripts and applications to support automation of ETL.
• Design, and develop system notifications and monitoring of complex application processes.
• Evaluate performance issues and provide designs to eliminate or mitigate.
• Adhere to Software development and source control processes.
• The candidate will rapidly coordinate creative problem solving with members of cross-functional teams such as Program Management, Quality Services, Solutions Delivery, and Technical Operations.
• Proactively form opinions about the software and propose anything from simple fixes to major design refactors where appropriate.
• Extensive experience with data management tools, data analysis, modeling and performance tuning.
• 3+ years of database administration experience.
• 3+ years of Linux/Unix administration and scripting experience.
• 5+ solid years of general software development experience. Development of data warehouse and high volume transactional database technologies strongly preferred.
• Experience with complex SQL required.
• Oracle SQL and Database tuning experience a strong plus
• Experience with Oracle PL/SQL development a plus
• Experience creating, modifying, and leveraging Oracle objects
• Experience with XML/XSL/XSD required.
• Experience with Unix platforms required, esp. Linux.
• Experience with Unix performance tuning and network integration required.
• Experience with J2EE, esp. Weblogic, a plus.
• Experience with UML a strong plus.
• Demonstrated capacity for learning quickly in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills. Must be able to translate general, high-level notions into concise designs.
• Self-motivated in terms of verifying own code’s quality from functionality, operability, and performance perspectives.
• Deliver work on time with multiple, competing priorities.
• Efficient analysis and troubleshooting abilities.
Computer Science Degree or equivalent technical degree.
Position is located in Seattle, WA.
To apply, please click here.
listing jobs Qpass 98121 Seattle Washington USA