Qpass: Product Manager – Content, Seattle, WA
As a product manager, you will own the market requirements and definition of specific features within Qpass’ product line. You will prioritize and manage the scope of these features while balancing the needs of various organizations, including marketing, sales, engineering, quality services, professional services and operations. You will be the voice of product management, coordinating all communications for your projects with key stakeholders throughout the organization. You will be the internal and external authority and advocate for your given area(s) of focus. You will also lead and coordinate the product implementation and launch across all functional areas.
While your fundamental product management skills will serve you well in this position, your passion for and domain experience with digital media and content will make you an ideal candidate for this position. You will stay abreast of new developments in digital media and related technologies such as encoding, rights management, and playback devices and applications. You will define Qpass’ product direction with respect to digital media support. Specific experience in the mobile content arena with mobile devices is a significant plus.
• Define and drive the market-based product requirements and implementation activities for successful delivery of new capabilities.
• Collect, define, analyze and document product requirements, rationalized against industry trends and competitive offers.
• Balance project cost, customer benefit, and corporate objectives to establish project and feature prioritizations.
• Lead and coordinate the overall product definition and implementation across all functional groups within the organization.
• Work with Marketing to define the product/feature positioning and messaging in developing sales collateral, sales training, and customer communications.
• Provide product expertise to customers/prospects in support of marketing, sales and implementation activities as required.
• Drive the development of the product documentation and education of the entire value chain on capabilities and use.
• Contribute to the business and technical strategy in area(s) of focus.
• 2-5 years experience product management or equivalent experience delivering software, wireless services, or high-tech products. Previous product management responsibility in the field of content/media distribution and management required.
• 2-5 years product, program, and/or project management experience in leading cross-functional teams in delivery of major new products or systems
• Significant experience generating product requirements from market and customer requirements.
• Knowledge of web protocols, including HTTP, SOAP, and XML highly desirable. Previous direct experience with wireless applications and wireless devices, including WAP, SMS, PSMS and MMS, a significant plus.
• Understanding of digital rights protection and encryption standards and trends (such as OMA and Windows DRM) is required.
• Familiarity with a wide range of digital media formats, and their encoding, transcoding, and playback is required. Familiarity with media formats and trends in Europe and Asia is a plus.
• Openly passionate and highly motivated advocate for their product
• Able to demonstrate an effective balance of business and technical skills
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills with a collaborative work style
• Highly organized and process oriented.
• Working knowledge of J2EE application servers, enterprise-grade databases, and web servers is a plus.
• Undergraduate degree in computer science or related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, with associated experience in product management, program management, marketing, or business development OR…
• Undergraduate degree in marketing, business administration, finance, or equivalent work experience, with associated experience in developing and delivering technical products through detailed product or functional requirements.
• MBA desired
• 25%-35% travel required, with an emphasis on international travel.
Position is located in Seattle, WA.
This is a full-time (exempt) position.
To apply, please click here.
listing jobs Qpass 98121 Seattle Washington USA