This is a highly technical position with a leadership component in a dynamic fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of Systems Engineering experience in a large scale deployment with an emphasis on developing automation solutions.
• Day to day systems management of large Oracle OLTP databases.
• Setup of new installations and assisting in scheduling of installation of new equipment.
• Continued development of automation processes to allow for a flexible and quick turn around of server assets into production.
• Documentation associated with new processes or implementation details.
• Provide direction and education to more junior team members regarding design and implementation of new or existing technologies.
• Assisting development organizations on availability and performance aspects of their application and making informed suggestions to improve the Qpass product.
• Be an evangelist for best practices and new technology within the team.
• Be able to identify problems or shortcomings in the Infrastructure and work on short, middle, and long term resolution of problems with minimal supervision.
• Perform other projects/assignments as assigned by supervisor.
• 5+ years of systems administration/engineering experience on various *NIX platforms.
• 3+ years of PERL experience including web and network socket programming.
• Detailed knowledge of Red Hat Linux and the related kickstart infrastructure.
• TCP/IP networking
• In depth knowledge of HTTP in particular Apache webservers
• Administration of commonly used services such as:
o SMTP (sendmail or postfix preferred)
• Storage Protocols including FCP and SCSI. This should also include SAN concepts and implementations.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability/initiative to define and evolve processes to ensure continuous improvement. Process-focused but not bureaucratic.
• Adaptable, able to acquire technical and business skills needed to integrate with and satisfy our diverse clients rapidly.
• Team player.
• Quality-focused, customer-focused.
• Action oriented. Possess a strong bias for action; takes it personally when an issue is unresolved.
• Confident and polished. Demonstrated ability to make our internal customers feel confident in our ability to get job done.
• Experience as a technical team lead.
• C/C++ or Java programming experience.
• In depth knowledge of HP-UX 11.X
• Some project management experience desired. While the position doesn’t require you to manage projects, your experience here can help you be a more effective member of the team.
• Relational database concepts and direct experience with MySQL, MSSQL, and/or Oracle.
• Some experience with Microsoft O/S’s in a server environment.
• EMC Clariion, HDS Thunder, and/or Network Appliance storage configuration.
• CFengine experience a very big plus.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline. (May be substituted for additional professional experience in essential skills)
• Red Hat Certified Architect
• Occasional travel will be required. Must be able to travel between home/office to data center.
• Some off-hours / on-call support will be required.
Position is located in Seattle, WA.
This is a Full-time (exempt) position
To apply, please click here.
listing jobs Qpass 98121 Seattle Washington USA