Qpass: Senior Software Engineer, Seattle, WA
This is a software engineering position in a world-class software organization, developing high scale J2EE applications. Those who succeed here are smart, results-oriented team players who delight in shipping high quality software that customers love.
• Work with Architects and Product Managers to understand business goals and issues.
• Work with management to identify potential delivery risks and to formulate an integration strategy.
• Design, build, configure, and test application software built on the Qpass core product technology.
• Assist the professional services and operations organization with the deployment and configuration of applications in the production environment.
• Provide direction and education to more junior programmers regarding designs and professional coding knowledge and standards in general.
• Demonstrate leadership capabilities and eventual capacity to coordinate and lead a team of engineers.
• Assist with ongoing sustenance of product code owned by your engineering team.
• Contribute to the overall success of the Product Development organization.
• Provide input into improvements of core engineering assets. Design, build, configure, test changes to the Qpass core product technology, given appropriate review with owners of that technology.
• Assist support and operations in resolving configuration and technical issues in a “last tier” support capacity.
• Perform other projects/assignments as assigned by supervisor.
• 5+ years systems integration experience with a heavy focus on software design and development.
• 5+ years object oriented and / or component software design.
• 5+ years solid experience implementing Web-based systems in high volume enterprise-class environments.
• 3+ years software development experience with Linux, Apache, Tomcat, J2EE (preferably BEA Weblogic), Java, and SQL.
• 1+ years experience with junit required.
• Experience writing Enterprise Java Beans required.
• Experience with Struts required.
• 1+ years experience with UML required.
• 1+ years experience as a user of enterprise-class configuration management software (such as IBM Rational ClearCase) required.
• Experience with XML structure and transformation technologies (such as XSD, XSL, etc) required.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability/initiative to define and evolve processes to ensure continuous improvement. Process-focused but not bureaucratic.
• Adaptable, able to acquire technical and business skills needed to integrate with and satisfy our diverse clients rapidly.
• Team player.
• Quality-focused, customer-focused.
• Action oriented. Possess a strong bias for action; takes it personally when an issue is unresolved.
• Confident and polished. Demonstrated ability to make our internal customers feel confident in our ability to get job done.
• WML, xHTML experience strongly preferred.
• SOAP experience strongly preferred.
• Experience with enterprise application integration technologies and patterns strongly preferred.
• Experience with developing under iterative development processes (e.g., RUP, XP, Scrum) strongly preferred.
• Experience with Java Server Faces strongly preferred.
• Some project management experience desired, including system roll-out and data conversion. While this position doesn’t require you to manage projects, your experience here can help you be a more effective member of the team.
• Strong understanding of with web security mechanisms (e.g., SSL, Digital Certificates) preferred.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Sun Certification in J2EE.
• Sun Certification in Java.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Some off-hours / on-call support may be required.
Position is located in Seattle, WA.
This is a Full-time (exempt) position
To apply, please click here.
listing jobs Qpass 98121 Seattle Washington USA