This software development position is ideal for a Senior Developer or Consultant that has experience working with customers on professional services engagements. This position includes developing code using J2EE technologies, participating in architectural discussions and decisions, scoping projects, writing requirements, designing solutions, fixing defects, and doing whatever else is required to get new features deployed on time for our customers.
• Design and develop custom software solutions using J2EE technologies.
• Translate overall solution architecture and product requirement documents into detailed requirements.
• Take a leadership role in designing solutions for projects.
• Participate in design and architecture sessions with customers and sales engineers to define solutions to customers’ business problems as required.
• Construct scoping, estimates, and requirements documents as needed to define the nature of the engagement.
• Deliver high quality work on time with multiple, competing priorities.
• Offer technical expertise and assistance to others when able.
• Provide support as required for the solutions we develop to other teams, both internal and external to Qpass.
• 5+ years of experience with Java and J2EE required.
• Required experience: SOAP, XML/XSL, UML, SQL, Struts.
• Experiencing writing use cases and producing design documentation required.
• Experience developing on Unix platforms required, preferably RedHat Linux.
• Desirable experience: Weblogic, Tomcat, Apache, ClearCase, Maven, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, mySQL, Oracle.
• Strong understanding of and experience with the software development lifecycle.
• Proven experience with providing technical leadership on complex projects through the entire SDLC to successful deployment.
• Good problem solver – will take the lead in jumping into a problem with the eye toward finding a solution.
• Driven by results – not afraid to jump in and pick up the slack to ensure that a project stays on track.
• Demonstrated capacity for learning quickly in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Self-motivated in terms of verifying own code’s quality from functionality, operability, and performance perspectives.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working with external client on projects.
• Customer-focused attitude.
To apply, please click here.
listing jobs Qpass 98121 Seattle Washington USA