The New York Times Company’s new Research and Development unit is seeking an experienced candidate to develop its vision and product strategy for mobile content and applications across all business units.
The ideal candidate will have wide ranging experience and knowledge of the mobile marketplace today, and a keen interest in shaping the marketplace of tomorrow. We are looking for an individual with vision, energy and a passion for innovation, who has both business acumen and creative flair. The individual must be an outstanding communicator, who can conceptualize mobile products of every conceivable type, and understand the path to bring those products to market. While grounded in the reality of today’s mobile environment, the individual must at all times keep one foot in the future, so that the Company at large is continuously aware of, preparing for, and leading the way into the future of mobile products and services for consumers worldwide. This position calls for a self-starter who is comfortable working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment at an innovative company known for the strength of its brand and quality of its products.
· Create a dynamic and compelling vision of mobile products and services for The New York Times Company
· Evaluate the current mobile product offerings of all business units, with the objective of identifying immediate opportunities for new products that can quickly establish themselves and become best of breed
· Manage mobility P&L; work with the business units to develop business plans and product specifications for the immediate development and deployment of these new offerings
· Stay abreast of the mobile marketplace by attending and participating in conferences; regularly update senior management of marketplace trends and competitive issues
· Develop relationships with leading companies in the mobile hardware, networking, and software applications areas worldwide for potential business and technical collaboration
· Identify emerging opportunities for mobility products with 18-month, 3-year and 5-year time horizons
· Conceptualize innovative leading-edge product concepts with these longer-range time horizons and help create prototypes of these new product concepts for demonstration across the Company
· Deeply understand The New York Times Company’s brands and how mobility can play a larger role in their digital product mix.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum 5 years of Internet experience with at least two years dedicated to mobile
· Strong understanding of all current mobile business models and mobile technologies
· Well-developed contacts in the mobile marketplace
· Ability to generate creative product concepts and communicate those concepts through sketches, prototypes and/or evocative prose
· Strong track record of achieving commercial success from creative endeavors.
· Demonstrated ability to manage and lead teams through influence, coordination and collaboration toward a common goal.
· A keen ability to multi-task and manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
· Background in or affinity for New York Times-quality journalism.
· Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Bonus, 401(k) with a company match, and comprehensive benefits (health, vision, dental).
Send cover note, salary reqs. and resume to:
Christine Mohan, Recruitment Director, New York Times. email@example.com
listing jobs NY Times 10036 New York New York USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.