This position contributes to Mobile ESPN’s success by defining and developing server architecture, applications, and interfaces that will work together with handset software and existing ESPN data infrastructure to deliver ESPN’s mobile product vision.
The individual must
* be capable of understanding and contributing to product requirements and developing an implementation strategy that delivers the product vision within the realities of ESPN’s existing data capabilities and delivery infrastructure.
* possess an in-depth knowledge of highly scalable servers system, database development, and API development including XML.
* be familiar with complex data modeling/data structures, storage and caching techniques, synchronization schemes, and network data transmission techniques that emphasize efficiency and low latency.
* be comfortable in a small fast-paced environment, must be able to take initiative, and must be able to communicate effectively.
* have a solid understanding of standard business and negotiation practices in working with suppliers around the world from a technical standpoint.
* Experience in mobile development desirable, especially J2ME .
Job Requirements: 6-8 years software programming experience in the wireless industry
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for sports and an understanding of sports media products
For consideration send cover letter & resume to henry.x.markosian.-ND@espn.com
listing jobs ESPN 10016 New York New York USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.