Join a VC-funded startup in the red-hot intersection of mobile content and advertising. Mobileplay distributes branded media, games, applications and services to smart mobile devices including Treo, BlackBerry and PocketPC — and soon on J2ME devices. All our content is free and supported through interactive advertising. You can learn more about us at www.mobileplay.com.
We are looking for a Director of Advertising Sales to join our team to drive advertising sales. This is a dream job if you want to be involved in the white hot mobile advertising space. Advertisers love Mobileplay because we are the only mobile solution that allows them to target, track, and collect valuable consumer data right on the phone – which is why we were able to secure significant ad deals pre-launch. Now we need you to take us to the next level. You should come with a full rolodex of agency and account contacts so that you can get started immediately. This position can be structured as an individual contributor or develop to management as we hire additional sales people.
The ideal Director of Ad Sales will prospect, qualify leads, and convert opportunities to accounts. The Director of Ad Sales position reports directly to Executive Vice President.
• Develop and maintain a pipeline of prospects
• Cold call media planners at direct advertisers and agencies
• Effectively present and sell in person to media planners
• Develop customized proposals and presentations for prospective clients and partners
• Source, negotiate and close new business efficiently
• Meet or exceed sales goals every quarter
• Maintain expert knowledge of mobile marketing landscape and trends and be able to convey that expertise to clients
• Maintain strong relationships within the industry
• Attend key industry trade events
• 3-5 years experience in online ad sales for consumer website; experience with mobile advertising a plus
• Rolodex of contacts at all major ad agencies
• Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
• History of extraordinary client retention
• Expert knowledge of Internet marketing terminology
• Ability to communicate effectively over the phone and in person
• Organization and presentation skills using Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
• Some travel required
• BA/BS preferred
• Competitive base salary with significant commission upside based on meeting performance goals
• Medical and dental benefits
• Paid Holidays and Vacations
Compensation: Base + Commission at 100% = $140k
Mobileplay is a free, ad-supported, peer-to-peer content delivery service to users of smart mobile devices, including PDAs, smart phones and smart email devices. Founded in 2005 in San Francisco, CA, Mobileplay delivers to both large media companies and individual members of the mobile device developer community a turnkey, end-to-end advertising-based solution for generating revenue from their content. The solution includes targeted delivery, tracking and reporting, whether the end user is connected wirelessly or not. Partners include such major brand media companies as weather.com, BusinessWeek Online, The Sporting News.com and USA TODAY, and game and application developers such as Crimson Fire.
To apply, please submit your resume: email@example.com
listing jobs Mobileplay New York New York USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.