Get in on the ground level and help our funded mobile startup, www.mobileplay.com, build the coolest games & apps ever for Smart Mobile Devices. We have partnered with some of the best media brands in the world, About.com, USA TODAY, Weather.com, The Sporting News, Fodor’s, etc. to deliver their content via custom applications to smart mobile devices: Palm & Pocket PCs, BlackBerries, Treos, Win Mobile Smartphones. Our products and services span the full range of mobile applications on the Palm, Win Mobile and BlackBerry OS platforms. In many cases we are the exclusive mobile application developer for our partners.
This is a contract (3 months) to full-time position.
The Product Manager will coordinate all aspects of the development process, including creating specifications, overseeing development and QA for a team of 15 engineers. You must be very detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to keep several balls in the air at the time. Experience working with outsourced and/or distributed engineering team is a must. Proven experience in developing mobile applications, preferably on PDA or Smartphones is highly desirable.
We are looking for a senior level person for this job, but will entertain resumes of less experienced applicants if they have the requisite mobile or integrated client-server background. Very experienced applicants will be considered for title of VP of Product Management with appropriate compensation and equity.
You will need to manage the big picture but also not lose sight of all the details. This is very much a hands-on job, helping us to mold and shape our products. You will have a tremendous impact on our product line and as such will have the satisfaction of seeing immediate results.
• Oversee development and testing of apps & services
• Project estimation, approval, and management to remain within approved deadlines
• Ensure effective communication within the development team, coordinate interactions between the project team and other departments, and ensure effective communication and appropriate involvement of non-development groups
• Communicate project status and risk on a regular basis, manages changes to project scope or timeframes and maintains meeting minutes and project issues
• 5 years of demonstrated experience as a Product or Project Manager
• Engineering or Software Developer background helpful
• Experience with integrated client-server interactions a huge plus
• General technical knowledge of server technologies as well as smartphone technologies: Palm, Pocket PC, Symbian, J2ME, etc.
• Excellent trouble-shooting skills with both technical and non technical issues
• Strong oral and written communication, with a passion for attention to detail
• Strong leadership skills in managing the development and launch process
• Ability to multi-task under pressure and time constraints
Salary & Benefits
Mobileplay offers competitive salary, full benefits and stock equity (depends on background & experience.)
Mobileplay is a free, ad-supported, peer-to-peer content delivery service to users of smart mobile devices, including PDAs, smart phones and smart email devices. Founded in 2005 in San Francisco, CA, Mobileplay delivers to both large media companies and individual members of the mobile device developer community a turnkey, end-to-end advertising-based solution for generating revenue from their content. The solution includes targeted delivery, tracking and reporting, whether the end user is connected wirelessly or not. Partners include such major brand media companies as weather.com, BusinessWeek Online, The Sporting News.com and USA TODAY, and game and application developers such as Crimson Fire.
To apply, please submit your resume: email@example.com
listing jobs Mobileplay Santa Clara California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.