Senior Product Manager and Product Marketing Expert
Mobile Content, Services & Infrastructure
Ortiva Wireless is seeking a dynamic Senior Product Marketing Manager to drive product definition and product marketing of our current and next generation mobile media delivery infrastructure. The ideal person will take the lead in competitive analysis, product requirements for world-class solutions. This position works closely with the company’s founders and the engineering delivery team to combine the powerful vision of optimized mobile content delivery with market driven and innovative features for a best-in-class suite of product offerings.
The ideal candidate is both detail-oriented and persuasive, a quick thinker, a strategist and a problem solver, with the ability to talk to everybody from executives to engineers, to technology partners and the sales force. He or she will possess an unusually broad skill set as well as the ability to acquire deep knowledge of a single product line and associated technologies.
• Analysis of market trends, customer segments and requirements, and competitive landscape to define new product directions and to establish product definition, positioning and pricing.
• Development and continuous review of detailed MRDs and PRDs to precisely define required products and services with priority and business justification.
• Inbound and outbound product marketing
• Product launch strategy and planning – product PR
• Product positioning and messaging
• Maintaining synchrony between product management, marketing and corporate strategy
• Product sales training
• Generation of effective sales tools and collateral
• Competitive analysis and responses
• Hands on project management for selected beta customer evaluations
• Pricing, naming, branding and licensing policies related to product line
• Hosting customer visits, speaking at seminars and attending trade show.
• 5 to 10 years experience working in the networking infrastructure or mobile telecommunications industries targeting service providers, content providers or mobile Internet providers
• Strong conceptual and technical understanding of wireless packet data networking technologies including UMTS, EVDO, 1xRTT, EDGE, GPRS
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage multiple projects at once
• Or experience with data and media streaming technologies for video, audio, etc. including MPEG, AVI, NTSC, Windows Media
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, strategic thinker, drive issues to conclusion, and be able to develop creative solutions.
• Ability to positively lead, inspire and motivate internal teams to deliver the best-possible product, on time and to needed specifications.
• Passionate about achieving work related milestones
• Decisive ability to made feature tradeoffs without diluting the core value of products.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a start up environment with time urgency constraints and multi-skill requirements.
• Proven track record in product management; exposure to and some experience in product marketing.
• Experience in dealing directly with customers during pre-sales and post-sales meetings.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• BA/BS required, technical degree in engineering (CS, EE, etc.) strongly preferred
Email resumes to biz.jobs.EXTRA@ortivawireless.com. (You must remove the text for .EXTRA to make that email address work of course.) Please send qualified resumes in either TEXT, PDF or RTF format ONLY. Word format will not be accepted because of problems with viruses.
Relocation is not available for this position. Candidates should live within commuting distance of La Jolla and San Diego.
Job location is La Jolla, CA
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
listing jobs Ortiva Wireless 92037 La Jolla California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.