Dadamobile is a worldwide leader in the direct-to-consumer mobile media market with operations throughout Europe, North America, and China. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dada S.p.A., a publicly traded company headquartered in Florence, Italy operating for over 10 years in the Internet and Mobile space. The company pioneered the single price point subscription model which offers a simple, straightforward method for subscribers to gain access to a unique value of mobile media downloads including: ringtones, wallpapers, games, chat, text alerts and more. The company’s service is available on over 20 carriers worldwide. DADAmobile is currently looking for innovative business development talent to help lead the company in new areas of mobile business.
DADAmobile is currently looking for a Lead Mobile Internet Engineer in its NYC-based headquarters. DADAmobile is a worldwide leader in the direct-to-consumer mobile media market with operations throughout Europe, North America, and China. The company began its North American operations in 2005 and has rapidly become one of the market’s leading players. Its N.A. headquarters is located in New York City. The company pioneered the now very popular monthly subscription model here in the U.S. which offers a simple, straightforward method for subscribers to gain access to a unique value of mobile media services including: ringtones, wallpapers, games, chat, text alerts and more. The company’s service is currently available on all major U.S. wireless carriers.
The position of Lead Mobile Internet Engineer will report to the US General Manager and interface on a daily basis with Engineering Managers in Italy, (no Italian necessary). The candidate will have a very good understanding of mobile media enabling technologies including WEB and WAP, mobile handset data protocols, and wireless carrier interfaces. Initially he/she will be comfortable playing a key technical intermediary role between design and development organizations in Italy and US operations, with emphasis on US wireless carrier interfaces. As the candidate grows the US Engineering organization, they will initiate more of their own work scope and operate more autonomously. The candidate must be capable of code development and testing as well as management of direct reports. This is a growth position within the US market and it is anticipated that within a short period of time the candidate will run a small US Engineering department.
• Architecture Development: develop and manage interface protocols with North American aggregators and wireless carriers.
• Application Development: lead application development of user subscription processes, billing, user account management, etc.
• IT operations: responsible for deployment and maintenance of applications in a live environment, SLA management, content delivery, & overall platform QA.
• Design and develop data delivery and reporting interfaces with external advertisers and affiliate networks.
• Manage DADAmobile’s website and content platform development, testing, and day-to-day operations serving CDMA and GSM wireless carrier subscribers.
• Initiate and manage growth of a US-based engineering team.
• Attend and support customer/carrier meetings and trade show exhibitions as needed to support the company’s products and services.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of development engineering experience with at least 3 years participation in the mobile media space.
• Degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field.
• Strong expertise in technical analysis, with definition of functional and technical specifications.
• Strong predisposition to lead a development team and coordinate work with other teams.
• Expertise in clustering and balancing issues.
• Expertise in high availability issues.
• Expertise in relational databases and SQL.
• Expertise in server Linux environment (command line).
• A strong customer service orientation.
• Expertise of Perl programming in a Linux environment.
• Expertise in C programming in a Linux environment
• Knowledge of SMPP protocol.
• Expertise in SMS and MMS issues.
• Expertise in WAP/WML/XHTML.
• Expertise in Apache (Linux environment).
• Knowledge of PHP and Python languages.
• Knowledge of XML and SOAP.
• Knowledge of Subversion revision control environment.
• Ability to write technical documentation.
Competitive for the market.
An initial training period in Italy (approximately 4 weeks in Florence) will be needed for the candidate to become familiar with DADAmobile’s products, systems, procedures, and people.
No relocation provided.
Please send a resume with cover letter to email@example.com
listing jobs Dadamobile New York New York USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.