Come work for one of Boston’s Best Places to Work 2005 as selected by the Boston Business Journal…!
Pyxis Mobile is the leading provider of wireless software for the investment industry. Our mPlatform solutions are used by mobile financial professionals to extend critical business data from enterprise systems to a variety of mobile devices. We are looking for “A” players to join our energetic team, exceed customer expectations, and be instrumental in the success of our company. We are expanding our engineering department, and are looking for individuals with strong software design and engineering backgrounds.
The Wireless Software Engineer designs, builds, and tests software applications for BlackBerry, Pocket PC, and Symbian devices as part of Pyxis Mobile’s mPlatform product suite. Pyxis Mobile is looking for wireless software engineers with Java and .NET Compact Framework experience. Our engineers work on small teams designing and developing new products and add-on features to existing products. Work includes hands-on design, development, and testing of applications for wireless and related server architectures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develops and tests wireless and web-based applications from design specifications, including client applications, web services, and supporting databases
* Uses MS Visual Studio .NET, the .NET Compact Framework, C#, the BlackBerry JDE, J2ME, and SQL to develop client and server-side code
* Understands and applies the software development lifecycle – analyze, design, build, test, implement and release management
* Works with architects and business analysts to create effective technical requirements and design specifications
* BS in Computer Science or Engineering, or similar technical education
* 2+ years of experience building software applications using C++, Java/J2ME, .NET (C# or VB.NET)
* Strong SQL skills required; hands-on database design experience preferred
* 1+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry preferred
* Strong communication and technical writing skills
* Experience in the design and development of mobile & wireless systems using Microsoft Pocket PC, Symbian, or RIM BlackBerry devices a major plus (i.e., .NET Compact Framework, SQL CE; J2ME, BlackBerry JDE)
* Experience with Agile and test-driven development methodologies is preferred
* Must be authorized to work full-time in the US for any employer
To apply, please contact:
listing jobs Pyxis Mobile 02451 Waltham Massachusetts USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.