Summary of Functions:
Wireless Services Corporation (WSC) is seeking an individual to succeed as a Data Services Engineer concentrating on our Data Products.
As a Mobile Data Services Engineer, this individual will concentrate on the requirements and definition of new Data Services, and modifications to existing products. This concentration includes not only having an eye towards the generation of new requirements, but also taking a lead role in the ongoing definition of the Database and Software Architecture supporting our existing and future Mobile Data Services.
Being the point of contact for these activities indicates this individual must have superior verbal and written skills.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Strong experience with mobile and database centric design concepts
- Strong experience designing products based on SQL Databases
- In depth knowledge of LDAP, SMPP, SMTP, SNPP, and other Messaging Protocols
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, associated networking protocols and supporting products.
- Working knowledge of C++, XML, and SOAP
- Knowledge of GSM, TDMA, and CDMA mobile protocols
- Previous experience with architecture and design of services for wireless networks
- 5 or more years experience in associated disciplines
- Excellent inter-personal skills and initiative
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
Reports directly to the Director of System and Network Engineering
How to Apply:
Please email your current resume (Word doc preferred), including compensation requirements and a letter of motivation to:
firstname.lastname@example.org . We will contact you within fifteen business days if your resume meets the job requirements. We regret that we can only reply to those individuals who meet the
qualifications for the position.
PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Wireless Services Corporation:
Wireless Services Corporation (WSC) is a carrier’s carrier. The trusted partner of traditional wireless carriers, who rely upon Wireless Services’ expertise to create additional revenue opportunities from new mobile data services.
Founded in 1996 and the first company to focus exclusively on wireless data, Wireless Services offers carriers of all sizes unparalleled wireless data expertise. Our legacy as the architects of the first wireless data businesses
gives us an unmatched understanding of wireless data, from both a technical and business model perspective, allowing us to help our carrier customers anticipate and profit from emerging trends in the market.
Creating new revenue opportunities for carriers – fast: Wireless services owns and operates the industry’s most reliable, feature-rich, fully operational wireless data network, and provides an entire suite of hosted wireless data
products and services, including: Mobile Messaging, Mobile IP, Content Mediation, Content Distribution and SinglePoint.
We simplify increasingly complicated wireless data networks for our carrier customers. By hosting and operating wireless data network infrastructure, Wireless Services allows carriers to quickly deploy new data services to
subscribers at a fraction of the cost of deploying them independently, increasing revenue and decreasing churn.