Airplay, a pioneer in the creation of mobile interactive applications synchronized with live televised events is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Senior Systems Administrator to join the Network Operations group. The Senior System Administrator, under the supervision of the Director of Network Operations, works independently to develop and maintain all of Airplay’s operational systems. Extensive experience in UNIX system administration is paramount to the candidate’s success in this role. As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, this position requires learning these technologies very quickly and resolving any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our systems. Candidate is expected to conduct system analysis and development, with limited support and direction from professional staff, to keep our systems current with changing technologies. Proficiency in responding effectively to emergencies as needed to correct system failures is crucial. This is a full time position requiring that the candidate be available to contribute to a 24×7 on-call rotation.
• Write project proposals, design documents and documentation.
• Ensure secure operation of all servers and services through the use of security and encryption tools such as SSH, SSL, IPSec, and through extensive staff training and documentation.
• Provide desktop support for all office workstations.
• Monitor system logs and activity on all servers.
• Manage tape and live disk backup systems.
• Develops standards for computer and network systems, to include standards for wiring, equipment, system security, and routing protocol.
• Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan.
• Replace defective hardware on clients and servers as necessary.
• Perform maintenance on staff accounts. Add, remove, and modify accounts as necessary.
• Manage UNIX security features to protect confidential information while allowing appropriate access.
• Research new technologies and present recommendations and justifications on major hardware and software purchases.
• Ensure that all Network Operations projects are documented, including design documents, ongoing status reports, and summary reports.
• Document and log all changes to system software and configurations.
• Edit and revise project justifications, project documentation, and other reports and documents, internal and public.
• Update equipment inventory for tracking purposes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience managing large-scale commercial UNIX or Linux-based networks.
• Demonstrated proficiency in system imaging and high performance cluster management.
• Experience in managing outsourced services and vendors.
• Expert knowledge of TCP/IP networking and protocols, including DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and SSL.
• Adept at communicating complex technical problems concisely and professionally to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines, while maintaining a strong commitment to quality of work.
• Strong scripting skills in python, perl and/or bash.
• Deep knowledge of storage technologies (RAID, NAS, SAN, Tape Backup).
• Routing experience using RIP, EIGRP, BGP, ISIS.
• Ability to function in fast-paced start-up environment.
• A strong understanding of the online & mobile services (e.g., casual games industry, mobile industry, etc.).
• Knowledge of Active Directory, as well as other Microsoft administration tools.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields, or commensurate experience.
• J2ME/BREW application support
• Satellite communications
• TCP/IP socket programming
• Knowledge of cellular data networks (EVDO, GPRS, EDGE, 1XRTT, IDEN, WCDMA)
• Television control room operation or construction
• Supporting highly trafficked web-based games
We are located in the SOMA area of San Francisco. For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Information about AirPlay Jobs:
Principals only. Please do not contact AirPlay about other services, products, or commercial interests. If you don’t see a specific opening of interest, but would like to submit your resume for future consideration, send us an email at email@example.com.
listing jobs AirPlay 94103 San Francisco California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.