Description: I.D. Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDSY) is a high-technology wireless communications company founded in 1993 in the Silicon Valley by a group of Stanford University engineers.
The company has designed, developed, and produced a revolutionary hardware and software system that provides unique solutions for wireless asset tracking and management. The system generates significant benefits in the areas of security, safety, productivity, and operating cost-reduction.
The company’s philosophy is to attract and retain creative, intelligent, achievement-oriented individuals who will thrive in a fast-paced, hard-working environment.
I.D. Systems, a leader in advanced wireless systems, is seeking a candidate for the position of Communications Engineer. The candidate will focus on system-level design and implementation using OPNET. Further responsibilities focus on current RFID technologies and the study of co-existence with I.D. Systems Fleet Management solution. Additionally, as part of the I.D. Systems team, the candidate will influence future engineering directives and product development.
The Communications Engineer will report directly to the Principal Communications Engineer.
The responsibilities of the Communications Engineer position are:
· Emphasis on protocol development and study using OPNET to analyze link budget and network characteristics -e.g. throughput, capacity, jitter and utilization
· Integration of OPNET with MATLAB to study RF impairments and fading effects on network
· Testing of current I.D. System network components to effectively capture and model system parameters
· Provide enhancements to development and current applications based on empirical and simulated studies
· Development of C algorithms to provide enhancements to the current network
· Support of wireless transceiver hardware and software developments
· Study of 802.11x and MANET protocols
· Study of current and developing RFID technologies and its co-existence with I.D. Systems technologies
· Creation and management of a RFID test laboratory
· MSEE with 0-3 years of experience
· Knowledge of wired and wireless network protocols (TCP/IP, 802.11x, MANET)
· Familiarity with OPNET or other network simulators
· Experience of MATLAB and SIMULINK
· Strong background in digital communications and information theory
· Knowledge of forward error correction and ARQ techniques
· Experience in propagation theory and mobile communications
· Strong analytical and computational skills
· Experience with signal generators, spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, and power meters
· Experience in C programming
Please e-mail resume to Melissa at MBijelic@id-systems.com and put position in subject line
listing jobs I.D. Systems, Inc. 07601 Hackensack New Jersey USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.