Voce: Director of Technical Product Management, Los Angeles, CA
VOCE — recognized by Forbes as “one of the hottest new labels on the (cell phone) market” — is hiring an experienced Director of Technical Product Management with a passion for excellence, based in Los Angeles. VOCE is a well capitalized start-up wireless phone company targeting the affluent and demanding consumer with the highest quality service and personal technical support, and will launch its service later this year.
The Director of Technical Product Management is responsible for telecommunication product and service enhancement features, including but not limited to: international call-routing and dial-around solutions, HLR systems, unified voicemail, voice-over-IP, security and privacy features, and other product features that span across heterogeneous wireless networks.
This candidate will be valued on his/her ability to translate understanding of wireless network architecture into unique and creative product offerings that will enhance the overall value proposition of Voce
The candidate should be able to understand, evaluate, and articulate business models and technical impact of wireless telecoms features, and define requirements across network, switch / router, server, network. This candidate should also be familiar with industry standards (including standard body activities) and trends across new network and network software, and preferably hardware developments in the wireless industry, including Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, Software Defined Radio, SIP, NFC, etc.
This position is responsible for understanding the Company’s business priorities, researching and educating internal team on forthcoming telecoms technology, producing analysis, presentations, and recommendations on new product rollout, and managing the product lifecycle thereon.
Required skills include: product management, project management, vendor evaluation and management, budgeting and business casing. .
• Main point of contact for all wireless and wireline network related questions and solutions
• Map out Voce’s wireless network architecture including assessment of partner network capabilities
• Internalize Voce customer research to identify unique network dependent product opportunities based on Voce customer segment needs
• Focus on value added services product such as voicemail, one number follow me service and location based services
• Develop unique and creative solutions to challenges posed by wireless network architecture limitations
• Source key vendors to help delivery unique product solutions
• Conduct vendor selection process including RFP generation and due diligence assessment
• Produce vendor selection criteria, vendor recommendation and justification for recommendation
• Negotiate and manage contracts with selected vendors
• Create and manage project implementation timelines including key milestone identification
• Project manage product implementation
• Create long term product vision document, manage and read out to executive team
• Investigate call routing alternatives including VoIP, soft switch and HLR solution
• Five or more years experience in technical wireless or telecommunications product development .
• Previous wireless experience a must.
• Must have technical expertise in wireless network architectures including calling routing, VoIP solutions, HLRs, voicemail platforms, location based services and inter-network signaling and call routing
• Product management skills including budgeting, resource assignment, scheduling, estimating project timelines, monitoring project progress.
• Experience in vendor evaluation, product implementation, product testing and delivery of wireless value added services.
• Experience in project management tools, including MS Project and MS Office.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Leadership skills with an emphasis on decision-making, problem solving, and effective team motivation are essential.
• Demonstrate excellent customer service ethic, enjoy working in a dynamic team environment and maintain strong working relationships with peers within the company.
• Ability to thrive in start-up environment.
• Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field.
What we Provide
• Highly competitive salary
• Excellent health and dental benefits
• 401(k) program
• Stock option plan
• Dynamic working environment
• Free parking
• Business casual dress code
• Kitchen stocked with free drinks and snacks
• Growth potential
• A great team to work with!
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Important: Please include Director of Technical Product Management in the subject line of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
listing jobs Voce Los Angeles California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.