Glu Mobile is a leading developer and global publisher of mobile entertainment. Glu publishes original titles and entertainment based on major brands including Atari, Cartoon Network, FOX Sports, Nickelodeon, PopCap Games and Twentieth Century Fox. The company has more than 100 entertainment applications including games, ringtones, screens and applications available via 90 carriers worldwide. Glu also offers a complete mobile gaming sourcing, management and delivery solution, ProvisionX. Based in San Mateo, California with offices in London and Singapore, Glu is funded by top venture firms NEA, BA Venture Partners, Granite Global Ventures, Sienna Ventures and Globespan Capital Partners, as well as by Time Warner Investments. Consumers can find fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile phones wherever they see the ‘g’ character logo or at www.glu.com.
Life at the cutting edge of wireless technology is an exciting but demanding place to be. Our company is always on the look out for exceptionally talented individuals to join our team. We reward talent, creativity and ability to get the job done. If you are interested in mobile technology and want to be part of a team that makes the future of wireless technology happen, we’re for you.
CONTRACT – Network Administrator (3 Month Assignment)
Description of Position
* A strong network engineer who can optimize the existing network.
* Assess the network configuration and make recommendations on improvement.
* Assess network vulnerabilities and remediate issues identified during assessment.
* Identify and recommend / implement best practices for network management for a growing company.
* Train existing staff of network operations.
* Will have direct involvement in all aspects of supporting the Glu’s network
* Maintaining, supporting, monitoring and proposing action for the maintenance of a highly available local and wide area network for GLU.
* Developing and maintaining operations procedures for network administration, equipment upgrades
* Contributing to network growth planning through the analysis of system bottlenecks and knowledge of daily systems pressures, as well as to the formulation of standards for network architecture.
* Maintaining PDL user satisfaction with network and application administration, network availability and performance, as determined by help desk surveys, user comments and management evaluation
* Work with different departments to understand business requirements and design/deliver networking solutions that satisfy the business needs.
* Troubleshoot network issues through all layers of the network, across multiple technologies.
* Provide network support in a multi-vendor environment across varying products and protocols including wireless LAN.
* Participate in cross-functional / cross-organizational team projects.
* 4+ years experience in networking implementation and maintenance.
* Experience with Anti-Virus, Anti-SPAM, Intrusion Detection, and other security-related disciplines.
* CISSP and RSA certifications strongly desired.
* Cisco CCNA/CCNP and Microsoft MCSE 2003 certification a plus.
* 4+ years experience in LAN/WAN networking systems, Windows 2003 domain and server security administration.
* Strong knowledge of the IEEE 802 standards
* Strong knowledge of Cisco and checkpoint hardware platforms
* Proven troubleshooting skills in a multi-vendor environment
* Strong communication skills.
* Prefer experience in Microsoft Office, network analysis and optimization, and voice/data integration.
BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field.
To apply for this position, please include in the job title in the subject of your email, a cover letter and your minimum salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to each applicant. We will contact you if there is a match. No phone calls, please. Principals only.
listing jobs Glu Mobile 94404 San Mateo California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.