Glu Mobile: Senior Revenue Accountant, San Mateo, CA
Glu Mobile is a leading developer and global publisher of mobile entertainment. Glu publishes original titles and entertainment based on major brands including Atari, Cartoon Network, FOX Sports, Nickelodeon, PopCap Games and Twentieth Century Fox. The company has more than 100 entertainment applications including games, ringtones, screens and applications available via 90 carriers worldwide. Glu also offers a complete mobile gaming sourcing, management and delivery solution, ProvisionX. Based in San Mateo, California with offices in London and Singapore, Glu is funded by top venture firms NEA, BA Venture Partners, Granite Global Ventures, Sienna Ventures and Globespan Capital Partners, as well as by Time Warner Investments. Consumers can find fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile phones wherever they see the ‘g’ character logo or at www.glu.com.
Life at the cutting edge of wireless technology is an exciting but demanding place to be. Our company is always on the look out for exceptionally talented individuals to join our team. We reward talent, creativity and ability to get the job done. If you are interested in mobile technology and want to be part of a team that makes the future of wireless technology happen, we’re for you.
Senior Revenue Accountant
The Revenue Accountant plays a key role within our Finance Group, supporting the management planning and decision making process by ensuring the integrity of accounting information particularly in the areas of revenue recognition and royalty accounting.
Glu Mobile has invested heavily in its Sales Database for collecting global carrier reporting which is the system of record in generating all revenue and invoicing in Glu’s Oracle 11i ERP instance. Reporting to the Corporate Controller and using these highly leveraged systems, the successful candidate is a senior individual contributor whose areas of responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
Revenue (Glu America’s):
* Review weekly upload of Glu America’s revenue transactions from Glu’s Sales Database, from approximately 40 customers, into Oracle to ensure proper cutoff and accurate invoice creation in Oracle and transmittal to customers.
* Prepare month end related journal entries and monthly account reconciliations.
* Assist with monthly, quarterly and year end reviews/audit.
* Respond to customers and other team member inquiries on a timely basis.
* Monitor Customer contract Terms & Conditions.
* Work with internal team and external advisors in documenting Glu’s revenue recognition processes for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
* Summarizing revenue data for internal and external reporting purposes.
* Assist with master data creation and maintenance in Oracle – customer master and licensor master.
Cost of Sales (Glu Worldwide):
* Calculating and preparing journal entries for monthly royalties to licensors on a global basis.
* Calculating, recording and preparing quarterly disbursements of sales representative bonuses
* Preparing quarterly remittances to licensors and preparing account reconciliations and journal entries.
* Reconciling balance sheet and income statement accounts and investigating unusual items.
* Assisting the FP&A group on transactions and analysis.
* Respond to licensor inquires on royalty statements and remittances.
* Cash Collections and Cash Application (Glu America’s)
* Primary interface with customers on the collection of outstanding accounts receivable.
* Prepare cash application entries for entry into Oracle.
* Reconcile differences and investigate.
* General Ledger – Other general ledger account reconciliations and support preparation and review.
* We require a Bachelors degree in accounting and two to five years of related experience.
* Individual must be self-motivated and possess technical accounting, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Business process automation experience or Sarbanes-Oxley revenue process experience highly preferred.
* Software revenue recognition experience preferred.
* Knowledge of Oracle 11i a plus; Oracle Incentive Compensation and
* Contract Management Module a big plus.
To apply for this position, please include in the job title in the subject of your email, a cover letter and your minimum salary requirements to email@example.com. Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to each applicant. We will contact you if there is a match. No phone calls, please. Principals only.
listing jobs Glu Mobile 94404 San Mateo California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.