Kirusa is a developer and licensor of multimodal wireless platforms that enable wireless carriers and service providers to offer applications with integrated voice and visual interfaces. With the Kirusa Multimodal Solution (KMS), mobile users are able to simultaneously use voice, text, graphics, keypad, and stylus to interface with wireless services and applications. The platform is air interface agnostic, and targeted primarily at 2.5G and 3G networks and handsets. It is backward compatible with 2G networks and supports industry standards such as VoiceXML, WML, cHTML, and HTML. The KMS uses server-side technology and requires only standard data enabled mobile phones and PDAs.
The Java Architect proposes architecture solution in J2EE technology for projects. He/she recognizes the effect of each of the following characteristics on J2EE technology: scalability, reliability, availability, extensibility, maintainability, performance, manageability, and security.
He/she have knowledge of UML, J2EE design patterns, and Internet protocols. Must have development experience with JBoss, MySQL, VoiceXML, EJB 2.0 and Apache.
* Responsible for writing architecture document, high level design documents for the projects
* Writing high level test plans for architecture validation in terms of scalability maintainability, reliability, availability, extensibility, performance, manageability, and security
* Developing frameworks, methodologies, tools for the development team
* Communicating with the development team for resolving architecture and design issues
* Evaluating new technologies and tools that can be useful in projects
* Design document reviews
* Architecture validation
* Test plan review
* Knowledge, skills and abilities
* Very strong in UML and J2EE design patterns
* Very strong in Java and J2EE Technologies. It includes EJB, Web services, SOAP, JSP, Servlet, Java Scripting, XML, XSLT, JMS, JTA, JNI etc.
* Very strong in Java Multithreading and Socket Programming along with knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, SMPP, SMTP, MM7 etc is preferred
* Exposure to application server and database clustering for Redundancy and Reliability.
* JBoss and MySQL experience is preferred
* A good knowledge of widely used open source tools such as CVS, Log4J, XDoclet, Ant, Struts, Eclipse
* Working knowledge on both Windows and Linux (any UNIX based) Operating systems
* Good communication, team spirit, and leadership skills
* Exposure to VoiceXML based application development is added advantage
* Coordinating with the development team to help them in understanding the proposed architecture and the proposed design patterns
* Supporting the project manager with effort estimations and status reporting
* For better project coordination, it is required to have daily 2-3 hours overlap with offsite team in India.
* As per project delivery requirements he/she should be flexible enough to adjust working hourly accordingly.
* BS, MS, or higher degree in IT or computer Science.
* About 8-10 years relevant experience
To apply, please send your resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
Kirusa is an equal oppty employer, m/f/d/v.
listing jobs Kirusa 07974 New Providence New Jersey USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.