Compete is recruiting outstanding individuals for immediate hire to help grow its expanding Wireless, Financial Services and Analytics teams. We are looking for a May 2006 graduate or recent graduates looking to change/enter a career path. Analysts anchor our Client Service teams, which mine our proprietary 80 terabyte database of Internet behavior and ongoing survey data in order to help our clients better understand customer behavior both on and offline. The Analyst will report directly to a Practice Leader and will play a key role in creating and delivering our insights and recommendations to internal and external clients, while also supporting Compete’s business development and internal product development efforts. Key responsibilities will include performing data-driven analysis related to consumer behavior and gathering and synthesizing industry research. Outstanding performers will have an opportunity to grow with the company.
Compete, Inc. extends online market research to transform the way consumers and brands communicate. By combining permission marketing, predictive analytics, and the industry’s largest consumer behavior database, Compete helps marketers identify and reach their target consumers. Compete delivers conversant marketing solutions that increase profitability and customer loyalty and result in measurable and effective marketing programs. Compete delivers these solutions to leading brands such as Carlson Hotels Worldwide, Verizon Wireless, DaimlerChrysler, Teva Neuroscience, Toyota Financial Services and UPromise, among others. Compete is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, with offices throughout the US. For more information, please visit http://www.compete.com.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Classify, segment and summarize internet and consumer data for use in internal reporting;
• Lead the data analysis process to assure high-quality, error-free output
• Work closely with other teams to define innovative products and services tailored to the needs of existing and prospective clients;
• Work independently on data research;
• Interface with Compete’s proprietary 80-terabyte database to extract relevant data;
• Participate on client service teams, ensuring we deliver outstanding value to each client; (Wireless and Financial Services Analysts)
• Analyze consumer behavior and industry data, and prepare monthly client deliverables and executive presentations that address key business opportunities and challenges; (Wireless and Financial Services Analysts)
• Contribute to marketable intellectual capital (proprietary knowledge base, whitepapers, research briefs, presentations and practice collateral) to increase the awareness and ongoing differentiation of Compete.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Coursework or relevant experience in one of the following: Business, Information Systems, Economics or Computer Science
• Proven skills with programming or database manipulation (UNIX and SQL knowledge a plus)
• Experience with large datasets and data queries
• Experience in an office environment, preferably around quantitative research, strategic consulting or analytical marketing fields, with particular emphasis on the Internet
• Exceptional problem solving and business communication skills
• Highly organized, thorough and detail-oriented
• Expertise with MS Office
• Ability to contribute and inspire interdisciplinary teams
• Strong entrepreneurial drive and spirit
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs Compete 02116 Boston Massachusetts USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.