Technologies Inc. has an immediate contract opening from now through at least
December; for a Wireless Engineer in
experience with deployment of mobility using (WiFi, AirCards, EVDO) on laptops,
desktops, PDA’s with encryption “data at rest” technologies.
test and documentation of the following:
Enablement of wireless broadband-cellular and
WiFi network services on pocket personal computers, laptops, desktops, and
o Enablement of Credant and/or Entrust enterprise Encryption
software on laptops, desktops, and pocket personal computers. The Credant
Technologies and/or Entrust digital software package will provide the
encryption necessary to support and protect the data at rest.
· Add virtual private network (VPN) software to support Dell C &
D series laptop users and pocket PC users.
· Auto-install (without dispatching a technician) all client
software, patches and updates on to imaged computers and on to new pocket PCs
· Update Active Directory (AD) groups and processes, supporting
auto-installation and provisioning process.
· Update existing or legacy PDAs, including Performance Management
Information System (PMIS) PDAs but not limited to them, with Credant and
wireless software as needed.
· Create appropriate shared user profiles and single user profiles
to support this project.
· Ensure computers and
laptops auto-detect the proxy settings.
· Ability to write and produce in a timely manner Functional
Requirements Document that will include purpose & scope, current system
summary, system objectives & current functionality, provisions in the
existing system design, identify deficiencies in solution, Produce System
Design Document, Produce Concept of Operations Document, User Manuals,
Provisioning Manuals, Test Plan & O&M Acceptance Checklist, and Request
for Change with supporting production documentation. Complete the System
Security Plan and Risk Assessment, and ensure solution to steady state
· Develop profiles for wireless allowing users to select appropriate
connection; i.e., Ethernet, broadband-cellular, or WiFi.
· Test and document:
Credant and/or Entrust software, compression
software, and mobility/session persistence software;
Cingular, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon wireless
broadband-cellular and WiFi wireless clients on Desktop PC, laptop and pocket
Appropriate wireless drivers, clients, and
Wireless gateways and laptops Desktop PC for
Knowledge of: Wireless LAN/WAN, technical
integration capabilities, and familiarity with wireless networking and Credant
enterprise encryption software.
Ability to enable wireless broadband-cellular
and WiFi network services on pocket personal computers, laptops, desktops, and
Ensure wireless gateway connectivity.
· Knowledgeable on the enablement of Credant enterprise Encryption
software on laptops, desktops, and pocket personal computers.
· Knowledge of auto provisioning, auto install, and auto detect this
· Must be clearable and/or fill out SF-86 to be cleared, minimum of Secret
Clearance is desirable
If you have interest in learning more about this opportunity,
please afford us additional information ASAP.
· An updated MS Word doc version of your resume, if what you sent
was not current.
· Daytime and evening phone numbers;
· Desired compensation, both hourly and annual salary;
· Date of availability
· Provide two professional references
· Must be a U.S. Citizen and have a security
To apply, please resume and salary requirements, including “1557 Wireless Network Engineer” in the subject line to:
listing jobs Summit Technologies Arlington Virginia USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.