Paradigm: Java Engineer Wireless Applications, Seattle, WA
Java Engineer Wireless Applications
As a software engineer on the Mobile Engineering team you will be architecting and developing platform systems and applications in support of mobile businesses. The mobile platform includes content management and delivery systems, messaging systems (SMS, MMS, WAP Push), WAP sites, and custom backend services for client applications. Reporting to the engineering manager of the Mobile Engineering team, you will be responsible for developing new products as well as maintaining existing products. You will lead small to medium size development teams, and will be responsible for supporting all stages of the software development lifecycle.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
* 7 years minimum experience in software development.
* 2 years minimum experience in mobile industry.
* 2-4 years minimum experience architecting complex, distributed software systems.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to lead small to medium size development projects and provide mentorship to less senior members of team.
* Ability to work closely with customers to understand their businesses and accurately capture their requirements.
* Ability to work on multiple projects and deliver on time according to project schedules.
* Strong analytic skills. Ability to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. Ability to select best methods and techniques for solving problems.
* Must be a self-starter that can drive projects forward with minimal management oversight.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
* Solid software development background and strong understanding and experience with object-oriented analysis and design concepts.
* Experience in full life-cycle software development.
* Strong understanding and experience using UML modeling for systems design.
* Java programming expertise.
* Experience building mobile applications with an emphasis on performance, scalability, high-reliability and maintainability.
* Experience building multi-tiered web applications with an emphasis on performance, scalability, high-reliability and maintainability.
* Strong understanding and development experience with mobile technologies, specifically WAP, WAP Push, XHTML, and SMS/MMS.
* Strong understanding and development experience with common delivery protocols including HTTP, SSL, SMTP, UDP, TCP/IP.
* Strong understanding and development experience with web technologies including IIS, J2EE (JSP, Servlets, JMS), XML, SOAP.
* Strong understanding and development experience with relational database design and technologies including SQL, MySQL, JDBC, data modeling and schema design.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter, indicating position of interest, to:
listing jobs Paradigm Seattle Washington USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.