Sr. Software Engineer Team Lead
Portable Internet, Inc. provides mobile supply chain solutions that integrate sensor-based networks (GPS, barcode scanning, RF-ID), mobile workers, customers and suppliers, and front-and back-end systems with multiple devices and networks. We are a leading provider of handheld GPS Mobile Workforce Management™ services. Over 800 leading customers of all sizes, across many industries, government, and education institutions, have chosen our web-based applications to improve productivity, revenue, profitability, customer service, and safety.
* Responsible for designing and building sophisticated commercial grade applications for wireless, handheld Internet devices such as JME (J2ME), BREW, Windows Mobile (Pocket PC/Windows CE, Smartphone). Applications are graphics, data, and communication intensive.
* Responsibilities include development of backend server applications and integration with CRM, billing and provisioning systems.
* Design and write functional and technical specification for client, server and internal applications.
* Work with Product Management on feature definition.
* Work with QA team to correct product defects and assist in testing.
* Implement best practices to make the engineering team a world class organization.
* At least 5 years experience with ASP, VBscript, SQL Sever and Win/OS with familiarity with HTML.
* At least 2 years experience in technical design and specification.
* Great personal and professional skills (e.g. speed of learning, hard working, problem solving, enthusiastic, attention to detail, independent work ethic, time management, technical judgment)
Desired (in priority order)
* .NET and C/C++/C#
* Experience in writing technical specification is a plus.
* Regression testing and bench marking experience is plus.
* 4 year Bachelors degree required with Masters preferred
To apply, please send resume and cover letter, indicating position of interest, to:
listing jobs Portable Internet 07410 Fair Lawn New Jersey USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.