Blue Frog Mobile: Software Developer Java, Seattle, WA
Software Developer (Java)
As a key member of the Wireless Software Engineering team you will contribute to the development of applications and systems in support of Blue Frog Mobile’s back-end messaging and content delivery systems. These are complex, high-volume systems that drive our rapidly growing mobile entertainment businesses. (www.bluefrogmobile.com)
* 3-5 years minimum experience in software development; 2-4 of those years should be directly applied to developing complex systems using Java platforms & tools.
* Proven ability to work effectively on very modest sized development teams, with limited supervision and under developed processes.
* Strong analytic skills; the ability to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative and practical ways. You must demonstrate the ability to select best methods and techniques for solving complex problems.
* Ability to respond well to direction from mentors and senior team members yet be able to offer constructive critique to the ideas and work product of your peers.
* Ability to work on multiple projects, yet deliver to your commitments.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent additional work experience.
* Solid software development background and strong understanding and experience with object-oriented analysis and design concepts.
* Development experience with J2EE server and web technologies including JBoss, Servlets, JMS, JMX, SOAP. User Interface (web or otherwise) is not a significant criteria for this opportunity and will not be a focus for this position.
* Substantial experience with multithreaded architectures that rely heavily on low-level database access and sockets would be perfect.
* Strong understanding of robust relational database architecture using SQL (particularly MySQL), JDBC, and data-driven design practices.
* Strong Java experience with a working knowledge of at least two out of C++, C#, Ruby, Python, PHP, Perl, or other widely used development language.
* Broad development experience with automated testing and Build focus is highly desirable.
* Experience building applications with an emphasis on performance, scalability, high-reliability and maintainability.
* Development experience with common delivery protocols including HTTP, SMPP, and TCP/IP and with mobile technologies including WAP and SMS (binary & text) is desirable. MMS experience would be a plus.
* Experience in full life-cycle software development.
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements, indicating position of interest to:
listing jobs Blue Frog Mobile Seattle Washington USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.