Software Test Engineer
We are looking for an experienced software test professional, who will champion quality software, systems and work processes. You will be intricately involved in the back-end testing of Blue Frog Mobile’s message and content distribution systems, authoring and executing detailed test plans and test cases and managing our testing resources and equipment. You will work closely with your peers and other product staff to continually improve our products, services, and the processes by which each are delivered. This is a unique and challenging opportunity to work with a highly motivated team in a positive, fast-paced environment, where your experience, creative thinking and exceptional skills will be appreciated and rewarded.
• Work collaboratively with other software development team members and other product delivery staff, to deliver quality product in market-critical timeframes.
• Determine test strategies, objectives and standards by studying software requirements and design.
• Author relevant project test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
• Coordinate, execute, and communicate test activities such as functional, systems and performance testing with other development staff to ensure implementations support defined business priorities and needs.
• Measure product readiness, using test case management and defect tracking systems to collect, analyze, interpret, and summarize defect documentation, resolution support, and fix verification. Create useful systems where necessary.
• Train and direct other testers, as necessary and complete test suite in compliance with project objectives. Certify release candidates.
• Develop, manage and extend existing test environments which may include data conversion, data integration, tools, automated platforms and reporting systems.
• Resolve testing issues by evaluating and modifying testing methods, objectives and standards when necessary.
• Four or more years of software testing and test engineering experience.
• Comprehensive understanding of software development processes and particularly quality assurance practices and methods.
• Ability to understand and translate functional requirements/specifications into working test plans, detailed test cases, and other formal test engineering documentation.
• Proven ability to anticipate, identify and articulate problem areas and develop preventative solutions.
• Ability to read and understand data models and SQL databases; a working knowledge of LAMP platforms is highly preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of programming concepts and web/mobile technologies.
• Experience in UI and usability testing.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, lead others when required, and work to a common goal with other members of the development team.
• Sound problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Knowledge of current mobile network and applications testing practices (a plus).
• Knowledge developing small software applications and/or test automation (highly preferential).
• Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering related field.
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements, indicating position of interest to:
listing jobs Blue Frog Mobile Seattle Washington USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.