Senior Database Architect
We are a stealth mode, well funded, early stage startup with the goal of building a high growth mobile media company. We measure success based on the quality of our team, the innovation of our products, the environment we create and the financial strength of our business.
We recognize that a quality database schema and platform is at the core of every great application. We need a Senior Database Engineer that can build and own every aspect of our data and content management platform.
As a qualified candidate you’ll have a deep understanding of proprietary databases (ie. ORACLE 10G RAC, SQLServer, Sybase), but appreciate the power of open-source and MySQL.
• Own the architecture, design, documentation and implementation of our database platform and content management solution.
• Design implement, maintain and automate the appropriate backup and recovery architecture.
• Implement database replication for recover and failover.
• Identify and build appropriate hardware platforms.
• Interface with application stakeholders to resolve technical and business modeling issues.
• Own capacity planning to properly identify hardware, database configuration and maintenance to support rapid growth.
• Serve as primary contact for aggregating third party datafeeds.
• 5+ years professional experience with commercial database platforms (ORACLE, SQLServer) in high traffic environments. 2+ years professional experience with MySQL as a backend in a mission critical application.
• Proven ability to build large scale content management systems (terabytes) that combine data from a variety of sources and formats.
• Experience in high traffic web environments with exposure to clustering and replication.
• Familiarity with writing scripts in one or more of the following: Shell, perl, python, PL/SQL. Solid unix administration fundamentals.
• Exposure to data warehousing and OLAP (MS Analysis Server or other)
• Strong understanding of networking: TCP/IP, load balancing, security, web servers and LAMP environments.
• Knowledgeable with database tuning and high load, high availability concepts.
• Exposure to Apache Lucene and web indexing a plus.
• A great attitude and ability to push technology and learn on your own.
• Excellent written and verbal communication across teams and disciplines.
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Reply with resume and cover letter with SDBE in the subject.
To apply, please send your resume and indicating SDBE in the subject line to:
listing jobs LocoMobile Boston Massachusetts USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.