Senior Software Architect
We are a stealth mode, well funded, early stage startup with the goal of building a high growth mobile media company. We measure success based on the quality of our team, the innovation of our products, the environment we create and the financial strength of our business.
We are seeking a proven Senior Software Architect to lead the creation of a new media platform focused on mobile content and applications. We’re building technology from the ground up in mobile messaging, large scale content management, gateway solutions and data warehousing. The overall environment will involve J2EE, MySQL, Perl/PHP, SMTP gateways, SMPP/SMS interfaces, AJAX front ends, OLAP analytics and much more.
As a qualified candidate you’ll be confident that you are exceptional in your field and will be able to hold your own in any conversation with any technologist. Expert knowledge of Java/J2EE is required, but not at the expense of a solid foundation and deep understanding of professional software development. You’ll view the quality of your products as a reflection of your character. As an early hire, you’ll have a major impact on our technology, our organization and our industry.
• Own the architecture and design of our core messaging platform
• Develop the infrastructure to support our growing team and technology.
• Design for fault tolerance and develop backup and recovery strategies.
• Research third party SMS solutions and services as well as next generation handset technologies.
• Serve as our lead technical contact for third party content providers and technology partners.
• Help build a world class technology team.
• Fix the copier, answer phones, order pizza, empty your own trash and be willing to help in any and every way.
• 6+ years professional technology experience with 2+ years in an architect level role.
• 5+ years experience with Java technologies (J2EE, JBoss, JDBC, Hibernate)
• Deep understanding of server side technologies including:
o PHP5, MySQL, Apache, Linux/Free BSD, Perl/DBI
• Exposure to front end/web technologies including:
• Proven ability to build large scale systems from the ground up.
• Experience aggregating third party content feeds and large scale CMS.
• Experience with search engine technologies a plus.
• Experience with SMS, SMPP, WAP technology a plus.
• Expert knowledge in Linux, relational databases, multi-threaded programming and object oriented design.
• Excellent written and verbal communication across teams and disciplines.
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience (experience and skill trumps degrees).
Respond with SSARCH in the subject.
To apply, please send your resume and indicating SSARCH in the subject line to:
listing jobs LocoMobile Boston Massachusetts USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.