Durham, North Carolina
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER
Responsible for the development of highly competitive and profitable products or managed services through product planning and design. Serve as company expert in key product features, with a focus on merchandising services and capabilities.
1. Defines product strategy through technology platform selection, go-to-market partnerships and technology development priorities.
2. Analyzes market and business requirements and develops business cases and product requirement documents to facilitate implementation
3. Owns the assigned product requirements process, including elicitation, analysis and specifications.
4. Develops a clear, well defined set of requirements based on business requirements from internal stakeholders and clients.
5. Creates product requirements documents, including market requirement documents, feature descriptions, use cases, storyboards and data flow diagrams.
6. Works with the sales team to ensure product match to client requirements.
7. Collaborates closely with engineers to communicate product requirements, understands the impact that these requirements have on the architecture and design of the product, and adjusts requirements as appropriate to optimize the return on our engineering investment.
8. Reviews product releases to ensure that documentation and product functionality are consistent.
9. Maintains a strong understanding of the wireless marketplace including the mobile operator, mobile data services and other industry verticals.
10. Implements more efficient methods for developing product specifications and market strategies.
11. Serves as Motricity’s product expert on assigned products and represents the product and Motricity to internal and external customers; educates the company and it’s customers on product features, functionality, benefits and services.
Works in a normal office environment. Domestic and international travel may be required
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Education: Bachelors degree in related business or technology area;
* Experience: Five to eight years of product or program management experience, including experience with eCommerce and/or mCommerce services or platform products; experience with wireless industry, mobile content and software development lifecycle; experience authoring detailed functional software requirements, use cases, guides and documentation for handoff to engineering, sales engineering and product verification; experience with managing towards economic goals and P&L responsibility; must be able to assess market opportunities from technical and business opportunities, including developing business cases and conducting financial analysis; demonstrated experience with managing a product from concept through end-of-life, including strategic product planning and business management
* Knowledge: well-developed knowledge of e- and/or m-Commerce business, tools and disciplines; working knowledge of software development lifecycle
Skills: Ability to articulate detailed descriptions of the assigned products; solid communication skills, including cross functional communications and customer/partner and supplier interactions; skilled and comfortable in leading cross functional teams with participants from different disciplines and with different personalities; strong project management and facilitation skills; self-motivated and independent with a developed sense of ownership; proven analytical and creative problem solving skills; ability to influence internal stakeholders and external customers and partners; ability to multi-task and comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment.
Education: MBA is preferred; technical educational background to complement MBA is also preferred.
Experience: Internet/mobile internet product management and merchandising experience is highly desirable
Knowledge: Mature understanding of the current Motricity product suite including Storefront, Portal, Client, Consumer line, Fuel Content distribution platform, Fuel Catalog, and Mobile community; an expert in key product features, with a focus on WAP or Portal capabilities
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject field. Motricity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), with unwavering commitment to Affirmative Action (AA) for Minorities (M), Women (F), Individuals with Disabilities (D) and Veterans (V).
listing jobs Motricity 27713 Durham North Carolina USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.