Network & System Administrator (Linux)
Since its establishment our client has contributed to the advancement of today’s most popular games and applications for mobile phones. Their products are available through more than 200 operator and distribution partners, including Cingular, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile, 3, Verizon Wireless , and Vodafone in over 60 countries worldwide.
This is a rapidly growing company where growth potential is infinite. They have an immediate need for a Network & System Administrator to take charge of the entire system and network operation for all production, testing and development systems.
Main Responsibilities include:
* Administer, maintain, and enhance Linux production and development servers and services.
* Monitor 24×7 production network, including pager duty.
* Troubleshoot and resolve problems.
* Install, upgrade, maintain and test hardware and software.
* Identify, implement, and evaluate configuration, process, service, and security improvements.
* Effectively communicate and work with internal developers and vendors.
Please only respond to this posting if you meet the following requirements:
* You live in the immediate Bay Area and are willing to commute to the Mid-Peninsula
* You are currently eligible to work in the United States without Sponsorship
* You hold a minimum of 3 years of Linux administration experience. Concrete understanding of Unix operating concepts (files, file systems, processes, service and log management, cron, users, permissions, I/O, devices, etc.).
* You must have working knowledge of administrating application using Apache, Tomcat, Java, mySQL environment
* You understand Unix security principles, firewalls and ipchains, SSL and DNS.
* You have real experience with tools such as shells, SSH, make, rpm, rsync, etc.
If you also happen to have PHP/Perl/Ruby programming skills and MySQL administration experience, then you may be our STAR candidate.
To apply, please send your resume, indicating salary requirements and position of interest to:
2121 N. California Boulevard
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Phone: (925) 932-2000
listing jobs Eastridge Infotech San Mateo California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.