Senior Software Engineer – Configuration Management
NextWave Broadband Inc. builds and operates next-generation wireless networks designed to provide a broad spectrum of wireless broadband services, including high-speed Internet access and VoIP telephony on both a fixed and mobile basis. Consumers will be able to easily access the network using a wide range of devices including desktop PCs, notebook computers, PDAs, smartphones, and home gateway units.
NextWave believes that new and emerging, all IP-based, wireless technologies will provide significant operating cost advantages and an ability to sell a range of innovative services that cannot be easily replicated over existing wireless networks on a cost effective basis. By leveraging the advanced IP architectures of these new wireless technologies, NextWave expects to develop novel approaches in the design, development, and operation of wide-area wireless broadband networks.
Responsible for setting up and administering software configuration management and bug tracking system and generating software releases. Duties include management of Perforce CM tool, management of ExtraView bug tracking tool, generation and maintenance of Software CM process, generation of software releases for WiMAX products, automation of software releases, basic smoke test, and general Software CM activities. This person will be working closely with software team members to manage the Software CM and bug tracking processes and will also be working with hardware, systems, and test engineers to manage bug tracking and other CM related activities.
Skills and Experience required for this position:
* 5-10 years of Software Configuration Management experience
* Experience with PerForce, ClearCase, or other major CM tools
* Experience with ExtraView, ClearQuest, or other major bug tracking tools
* BSCS/CSE preferred
Candidates must have experience and strong knowledge in the following areas:
* Software CM and Bug Tracking Tool Management and Administration
* Software CM and Bug Tracking Process generation and documentation
* Software Release Generation and Automation
* Perl, TCL, or other scripting languages
* Make, GNU tools
* Release testing
* Linux and Windows Operating Systems
It is also beneficial if the successful candidate has the following skills:
* Capable and willing to lead a small team of CM staff
* Java, C, or C++ software development knowledge
To apply, please send your resume, indicating salary requirements and position of interest to:
NextWave Broadband, Inc.
San Diego, CA 92130
listing jobs NextWave Broadband, Inc. 92130 San Diego California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.