Senior Data Network Engineer
Sr. Data Network Engineer needed for Network Operations Center to assist in design, deployment, and support of our wireless telecommunications and supporting VoIP environment.
* Maintain/monitor assigned systems within environment to ensure optimal performance, to determine system upgrade/replacement schedules, and to meet established Service Level Agreement (SLA) commitments
* Participate in business driven projects as a representative of network operations team and represent Network Operations needs by being the subject matter expertise and assist in planning and implementation to
set project plan.
* Analyze and troubleshoot network communication failures and bottlenecks
* Maintain a complex network and support a network operations system infrastructure
* Gather business requirements and architect, document and implement network solutions that meet established requirements and standards
* Development and implement an effective preventive maintenance program in alignment with 99.9% availability objectives
* Proactively manage and optimize network systems and interface with vendors for support if required
* Assist in evaluating signaling and VoIP equipment, services, and vendors
* Member of cross-functional technical projects that require network technology as a primary component of the solution
* Provide timely status updates to Project manager. Provide additional support as needed.
* Provide available on-call 24×7 for system outages and/or scheduled maintenance as needed.
* Proven authority and expert-level knowledge of signaling networks and protocols such as SS7, VoIP, SIP and others protocols supporting a high availability environment for a wireless carrier.
* Professional aptitude and problem solving skills either working independently or as part of a team.
* Knowledge of new technology piloting, implementation, operational support and strong cross protocol platform experience in several of the following (SS7, H.323, SIP, PBX, Centrex, IP, ATM).
* Recognized knowledge of SIP, RTP/RTCP, RTSP and/or other packet-based telecom protocols
* Minimum 7-10 years experience writing, testing and implementing network translations data or routing protocol.
* Minimum 10 years experience providing 24×7 supports for a wireless carrier and the associated network infrastructure.
* Understanding of SIP with significant experience developing routing
* Hands on experience building and supporting network platforms including the Switch/MSC, HLR, STP, DACs, or related signaling platforms with post validation testing experience.
* Proficiency in routing and Internet protocols, SIP preferred
* Experience delivering Telco grade equipment and support
* Experience in packet voice & related protocols w/ successful record in telecom space.
* Preferred experience in the design and development of key components for converged voice/data/mobile network.
* Specific experience with complex voice design and migration delivery and support
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Hands-on Tier 3 level support experience for the network infrastructure of a wireless carrier
* Solid understanding of network technologies for testing and troubleshooting
* Very strong skills in security, network, and internet technologies
* Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks while under pressure
* Project Management experience a plus
* Bachelor’s degree EE/CS and 8+ years experience in telecom/networking
* Voice application knowledge, including but not limited to:
Voicemail, and Unified Messaging.
Large project and team leadership experience
* Advanced project Management skills.
* Solid understanding of platform, scaling, and high availability
* Good communications skills and the ability to collaborate with other talented Engineering and Product Management individuals.
To apply, please send your resume, indicating salary requirements and position of interest to:
Christine L Jackson
2155 Louisiana Blvd. Ne, Suite 6700
Albuquerque, NM 87110
Phone: (505) 872-6300
Fax: (505) 872-6350
Join TEKsystems and get your career on the fast track. As the nation’s premier technology execution company, we are passionate about deploying high-caliber IT and communications expertise. To satisfy our constant need for expertise, we actively seek talented technical professionals with all levels of information technology and communications skills. TEKsystems knows that every professional has different needs, so we’ll work together to determine a suitable benefits package. We offer options to our technical professionals that could include: a health plan, 401k, provisions for vacation and holiday pay, and technical and professional training. With a foundation as the nation’s largest IT staffing firm, we’ve become a billion-dollar services company by blending superior client service with an unrivaled ability to source and manage talent to precise specifications, resulting in successful technology executions. EOE M/F/D/V
listing jobs TEKsystems Albuquerque New Mexico USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.