Position Title : Principal Staff Engineer
Primary Skills : Protocol Stack level 3 Development
City : Milpitas CA (F2F)
Duration : 4months
* 6+ to 10 years of development engineering experience in telecommunications is required, at least 5 years of experience in mobile phone software development in lead roles.
* Understanding of mobile phone software architecture is required.
* Must demonstrate solid understanding of UMTS and GSM/GPRS stacks for 2.5G/3G mobile stations.
* Experience with GSM, RR/MM, LLC protocol implementation for mobile phone is required.
* Experience in developing client software and/or porting third party application like WAP browser into handset is desired.
* Experience in protocol testing is desired.
* Strong C programming skills including familiarity with a wide variety of software development tools and practical development methodologies.
* Experience with SDL is highly desired. Bluetooth, WiFi and CDMA/3G knowledge a plus.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to write clear specifications and procedures are required
As a member of the development team, you will define specifications for mobile station software components that enable indoor voice and data mobile services. You will work with other handset engineers to design and code the Mobile Over Wireless LAN (MoWLAN) handset client. You will interface with leading handset vendors to implement MoWLAN capability on multiple GSM/GPRS and CDMA handsets. Assist in definition of mobile station software specifications based on the MoWLAN System Architecture and the MS Functional Specification. Design and implement the handset client and integrate into various handset platforms from handset partners. Work closely with System Engineering group to develop new handset protocols in support of new indoor mobile services running on GSM and CDMA handsets. Interface with QA and Integration teams to support subsystem and end-to-end qualification and releases. Assist handset partners in conducting conformance and design unit testing and provide them with required software, debugging support and hardware interfaces.
To apply, please send your resume, indicating salary requirements and position of interest, to:
1248 Reamwood Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
listing jobs Xoriant Corporation Milpitas California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.