Senior Support Engineer
This is a hands-on, Senior Support Engineer position that requires a range of network access skills from GSM MSC Switches to SS7 signaling. You will be responsible for preparing and executing FCS plans (First Customer Shipments). This will include both lab and market trials as well as production deployment. You will also be responsible for supporting our OEM partner activities. You will need to be an area expert and have a proven track record of working with Tier 1 Carriers and OEM Partners. You will be able to articulate opinions on network problems and be able to debug field related issues. Being a senior engineer, you will use your experience and analytical skills in order to understand and debug systems as well as develop creative and innovative solutions to problems as they arise. You will foresee potential issues and proactively address them before they become problems.
* Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex networked wireless telecom systems
* Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
* Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
* May be involved in customer installation and training.
* Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
* 8- 10 years experience of GSM in support, test, and field FOA roles.
* You will need to have a thorough understanding of mobile cellular telecom systems and protocols
* MSC switch tech highly desirable
* SS7 link(s) (A link, Gb link) trace ANALYSIS is mandatory.
* Experience at the protocol level with GPRS/EDGE desirable
* You need to have good understanding of Internet knowledge: TCP/IP, routing, tunneling, PPPoE, ATM, Frame Relay.
* You need to have a good understanding of VoIp including signaling and media gateways.
* Previous SoftSwitch experience desirable.
* Some experience with local loop transmission methods including WiFi, WiMax, Bluetooth, cable modems, DSL, and wireless , including residential CPE.
* Test equipment experience is necessary with: A-Link Monitor (NetHawk), MGTS MSC simulator (Catapult), protocol analyzer/sniffer (Tectronics, Ethereal), T1/E1 Monitor (Sunset), SGSN/GGSN GPRS support nodes
* Standard Unix test software: syslog monitors, Xterm apps
* You need to be proficient in the configuration of Windows, especially its communications and networking capabilities
* You should have experience as a network engineer, ideally at an ISP or Mobile Operator.
-You should have Linux, and/or Unix proficiency.
-You should have an advanced degree in a technical field (i.e., computer science, engineering).
* You should have experience of using and maintaining customer issue tracking database
* -You should have experience of using and maintaining a knowledge base system.
To apply, please send your resume, indicating salary requirements and position of interest, to:
1248 Reamwood Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
listing jobs Xoriant Corporation Milpitas California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.