Title: Senior Support Engineer
Location: Milpitas, CA (F2F Interview)
Length: contract/full time
* 8- 10 years experience of GSM in support, test, and field FOA roles.
* You will need to have a thorough understanding of mobile cellular telecom systems and protocols
* MSC switch tech highly desirable
* SS7 link(s) (A link, Gb link) trace ANALYSIS is mandatory.
* Experience at the protocol level with GPRS/EDGE desirable
* You need to have good understanding of Internet knowledge: TCP/IP, routing, tunneling, PPPoE, ATM, Frame Relay.
* You need to have a good understanding of VoIp including signaling and media gateways.
* Previous SoftSwitch experience desirable.
* Some experience with local loop transmission methods including WiFi, WiMax, Bluetooth, cable modems, DSL, and wireless, including residential CPE.
* Test equipment experience is necessary with: A-Link Monitor (NetHawk), MGTS MSC simulator (Catapult), protocol analyzer/sniffer (Tectronics, Ethereal), T1/E1 Monitor (Sunset), SGSN/GGSN GPRS support nodes
* Standard Unix test software: syslog monitors, Xterm apps
* You need to be proficient in the configuration of Windows, especially its communications and networking capabilities
* You should have experience as a network engineer, ideally at an ISP or Mobile Operator.
-You should have Linux, and/or Unix proficiency.
-You should have an advanced degree in a technical field (i.e., computer science, engineering).
* You should have experience of using and maintaining customer issue tracking database
* -You should have experience of using and maintaining a knowledge base system.
To apply, please send your resume, indicating salary requirements and position of interest, to:
1248 Reamwood Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
listing jobs Xoriant Corporation Milpitas California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.