Senior Mobile Applications Engineer
We have been retained by a market leader in the mobile messaging market to identify candidates for a Senior Mobile Applications Engineer position. Our Client’s mobile email software is sold as a service by mobile operators and service providers worldwide and provides real-time access to work and personal information, including email, calendar, corporate directories, personal contacts and documents.
The successful candidate will be a key member of our Client’s talented software engineering team developing wireless, data-driven messaging applications for a broad set of device platforms. As a member of the team, you will significantly influence and actively participate in the development of a rich and interactive application reaching a large and ever-expanding mobile consumer base. And you will be presented with a vast opportunity to work with a variety of embedded software technologies and platforms, and a broad selection of leading-edge wireless devices.
Services provided by our Client are shipping on over 120 mobile device models supporting every major device operating system including BREW, J2ME, Microsoft Pocket PC, Microsoft Smartphone 2003, Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0, Palm OS and Symbian-based phones, and PDAs as well as Internet browsers.
Our Client’s patented software is available across 2.5 and 3G networks around the world. Their products are currently offered worldwide in 45 countries by 80 leading mobile operators and Internet email service providers. Our Client also partners with the device manufacturers including: Nokia, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Samsung and Siemens; infrastructure vendors; and system integrators to provide robust, easy-to-use and easy-to-deploy mobile email services to the marketplace.
Our Client was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in the mid-Peninsula (San Francisco, CA) area with local offices around the globe.
The Senior Mobile Applications Engineer will be primarily responsible for the following:
* Review product requirements published by Product Marketing and contribute to the development of engineering functional specifications.
* Contribute to the interface (API) and design specifications of various modules including, user interface (UI), application/business logic, and platform specific infrastructure.
* Implement, unit test and debug software deliverables using C/C++ to realize robust, high performance, and code-size/memory/storage efficient infrastructure and applications.
* Serve as a liaison with external teams like, QA, Technical Support/Publications, and Delivery, to diagnose and resolve bugs in pre-release or production software, document product features and enable product delivery to customers.
The Senior Mobile Applications Engineer will possess the following qualifications:
* MS/BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related academic discipline.
* 5+ years of hands-on software industry experience in the design and development of consumer, web-based or mobile applications.
* 4+ years of demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ with a strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
* Demonstrated proficiency in programming of multi-threaded, client/server applications using TCP/IP based network programming APIs.
* Strong software development experience on Windows or UNIX platforms and related development environments (IDEs).
* Experience in the design and development of Graphical User Interface (GUI) components and controls, and familiarity with UI frameworks and technologies like, MFC, WTL, AWT/Swing, SWT, etc.
* Proven track record of being involved with software product development from conception to commercial deployment.
The following qualifications and soft-skills are highly desirable:
* Hands-on programming experience on embedded or mobile application platforms like, Palm OS, Windows Mobile (WinCE), BREW, or Symbian OS.
* Familiarity with Wireless and standard Internet technologies, protocols and standards like, WAP, WML, HTTP, SOAP, XML.
* Experience with (wireless) telephony or messaging libraries, toolkits or SDKs in the development of applications.
* Detail oriented and methodical engineer with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ambitious self-starter with a get-it-done attitude who strives for results and performs well under pressure.
Compensation range: $125K, D.O.E.
Before aplying for this position, please ensure you meet ALL the required skills and experience listed, and send your resume as a Word attachment (not inline) to: email@example.com
1 Harbor Drive
Sausalito, CA 94965
listing jobs Chief People Redwood City California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.