Software Test Engineer
TriTech Software Systems, a leading provider of Computer Aided Dispatch Software (CAD) and Mobile software for Public Safety Agencies around the world, is continuing to expand our team. We are currently seeking a Software Test Engineer.
TriTech specializes in the development of advanced computer software solutions for the public safety industry. The company’s unique computer-aided dispatch (CAD) software lets police departments, fire departments, EMS services, and private ambulance companies increase productivity, streamline operations and improve their emergency responsiveness.
TriTech continues to lead the public safety software industry with innovative solutions including the development of the world’s first graphical, Microsoft® Windows NT™, mapping-based dispatch system with Internet and intranet ready analysis tools. Plus, the company’s flagship product, VisiCAD™, has won numerous awards. It’s the only CAD system to receive the prestigious Microsoft Solution Provider’s Creative Solution award for the most innovative Windows application.
The software test engineer is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining test plans and test cases across a diverse suite of products. The engineer insures that software development conforms to documented requirements. Deviations are documented in detail using defect tracking software. He/She participates through the entire product lifecycle including requirements, design, review, and coding, stabilization, beta, release, and service packs. The engineer strives to deliver software with a high quality end customer experience while achieving compliance to business and technical requirements and standards.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Actively participates through the entire product lifecycle including requirements, design, review, and coding, stabilization, beta, release, and service packs.
* Conducts manual black box testing for software iterative releases
* Utilizes SQL Enterprise manager to run queries and profiles as needed for testing
* Creates automated test case documents from product requirement documents.
* Writes test design specifications, test case specifications, test cases, executes test cases, maintains test logs, and publishes test results.
* Develops and executes test case modules using test case development software
* Coordinates and manages test systems to provide a controlled, reproducible environment
* Builds on knowledge of Software Quality Engineering theory/methodology and technical competencies
* Reports to the Software Test Manager
* Submits a weekly written status report to the Software Test Manager
* Accurately records time utilization in TrackIt and submits weekly time report as directed by company policy
* Adheres to schedules, project test plans and daily testing processes
* Communicates in a clear and concise manner any project time delays
* Follows standard practices and procedures for software testing
* Participates in multi-user testing scenario and ad-hoc software testing to elicit defects in the software
* Reports software issues in the approved issue management tool
* Serves as a company resource of knowledge on VisiCAD features, industry CAD usage or testing procedures with QA and external departments as needed.
* May be required to perform software testing at the customer site
* Keeps up-to-date with Software Quality testing technical literature and standards
* Other assignments as provided.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
* Three years hands-on experience in software testing
* Minimum of two years testing experience on a client/server system running on a Windows network with a SQL Server back end.
* A technologist with a strong software testing background. Must be able to simultaneously provide support to: a) total customer satisfaction, b) product quality, c) and achievement of company goals
* A comprehensive understanding and background in software life cycle development and testing methodologies are required.
* Experience with standard Project Management practices, development and project management tools, industry developments and trends.
* Must be able to assist in efficiently dissecting complex testing issues, understand root causes, and develop and implement effective remedies.
* Self motivated and takes initiative. Energetic and inspiring to others. Efficient time manager. Must be deadline-focused and have consistency, accuracy and follow-through
* Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal skills; must be able to coordinate multiple projects and client test expectations simultaneously.
* Thorough knowledge of testing applications and/or software components in Windows 2000, 2003 and XP environments
* Should be adaptable to a fast-paced environment in which progressive change is actively driven
* Good team player with strong testing, defect finding, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
* Microsoft Office, Outlook and/or similar daily task management tools
* Working knowledge of Test Case development software
* Familiarity with software development languages such as Visual Basic, C# or VB.NET
* BS in Computer Science or related field
NO RELOCATION PROVIDED.
TriTech Software Systems offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSA’s. Please send your resume to email@example.com today! For more information on TriTech, visit www.tritech.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
911, Call Center, Software Support, Technical Support,Tiburon, Logistics, Printrack, Motorola, Law Enforcement, Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management, Public Sector, Local Government, Public Safety, E-911, Interact, Intergraph, InterAct
TriTech Software Systems
9860 Mesa Rim Road
San Diego, CA 92121
listing jobs TriTech Software Systems 92121 San Diego California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.